How To Setup for 5 or 6 DOF Robot

More
05 May 2024 16:10 #299822 by Project_Hopeless
I have a sim working based on the Melfa robot.  Mine is a 5-DOF, I'm just using axis 6 as a redundant axis for simplicity with the kinematics. Works well in the sim.

So now onto the real thing.  I'm running Master (2.9) with a Mesa 7i96S card and Mach3 BOB. 

The PnCConf wizard only sets up 4 axis XYZA.  How do you setup XYZABC to work with "genserkins"? 

Manual editing of the HAL and INI files is required right?  So is it best to start with a XYZ or XYZA generated config?  Or is there a way for the wizard to create a XYZABC config?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2024 16:29 - 05 May 2024 16:30 #299825 by Aciera
start out with a XYZA config, get those four axes working and then copy/paste/modify the A axis in the ini and hal files to create the B axis. Once you have that working,do the same to create the C axis.
Last edit: 05 May 2024 16:30 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zz912

More
14 Jul 2024 15:30 #305159 by Project_Hopeless
Ok, so I have loaded the firmware (7i96s_5abobrcd) with MesaCT and I think I'm good there.  I created a basic XYZA config.

My plan is for 5 step/gen on the 7i96s and 1 step/gen and PWM servo on the BOB. 

Manually editing the *ini file to add the remaining axis seems straight forward.  Any tips??

The sim examples I've followed so far don't have any hardware specific details.  Does anyone have an example config with step/gen across two cards, one being a BOB?  How, or do I edit any of the HAL files to add the BOB.

More
15 Jul 2024 23:05 #305291 by Project_Hopeless
All good, I figured it out. :)

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds