Convert MESA 7i76D 4-Axis Robot to 5-Axis Robot --> Failing

More
11 Jun 2024 20:32 #302849 by Askjerry
I have a small robot arm that I am attempting to control with LinuxCNC. Ultimately, I would live to have full IK... but for now just being able to control it is fine. I used the PnCConf Wizard and even though all 4 axis are rotary... the best I could do was an XYZA configuration... it works... I can program the robot and tinker. Great.

Now I am trying to add a 5th axis. I have a cross-slide so the robot arm can move side to side. I made a copy of the X-Axis and renamed it to the U-AXIS. I then went in and changed it from AXIS-0 to AXIS-4, changes all the other "stuff" from "X" to "U" which worked fine when I did it on a parallel port machine in my murky past.

But this... it has a failure and I just can't figure it out.

Anyone here able to see what the issue is... I'm simply not seeing it.  

Error List (Debug Output)

File Attachment:

File Name: ROBOT-5-DO...PORT.txt
File Size:111 KB

Working 4-Axis Files

File Attachment:

File Name: ROBOT-4-DOF.ini
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ROBOT-4-DOF.hal
File Size:12 KB

Failing 5-Axis Files

File Attachment:

File Name: ROBOT-5-DOF.ini
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ROBOT-5-DOF.hal
File Size:14 KB

Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2024 19:09 #302963 by Askjerry
This makes no sense (to me) but I tried changing it from XYZAU to XYZUA and that didn't work.

I changed it to XYZAB and it worked. ????

The irony is that XYZA are all ROTAIONAL steppers, and AXIS-B will actually be linear.

But hey, if it works... for now I don't care... not looking at the display anyway at this time... just programmability.

Maybe... someday... perhaps... if I get a LOT of help... I'll do a real IK version of this thing... but honestly... I can't do it without someone VERY experienced to help me with that. There used to be a PUMA sim... can't find it now... but if that could be converted to the MESA 7i76D card and the DH lengths and angles updated... it would work. (And... then I could use it to get my REAL PUMA working again.)

Jerry

More
14 Jun 2024 06:27 #302987 by Aciera
The puma sim is in 'configs/sim/axis/vismach/puma' and the corresponding kinematic is in 'src/emc/kinematics/pumakins.c'.
That (like 'genserkins.c' ) is for 6 DOF.

For robot kinematic work I would recommend to update to 2.9.x as the switchable kinematic feature is very useful.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds