StepperOnline T6 servo drive

More
20 Jun 2024 23:38 #303456 by Dave2024
Hi, is anyone familiar with the StepperOnline T6 servo drives?  I had got one a few weeks ago as they are sold as a complete kit including motor and cables and are supposedly a ready to run kit.  Well, I got mine and connected the step/dir wires to a mesa 7i96s then in the Pncconf wizard I go to test the axis and there’s no movement.  When I connect to it using the diagnostics cable and Motion Studio configuration software it starts rite up and I’m able to jog it.  Does anyone know if there’s some kind of special parameters settings needed on the drive to make it work?
 I see in the manual it says something about how “frequency for both input mode signal is 500kHz(Differential), 300kHz(Single-ended).”  Is Pncconf using the correct frequency or is that something I should be looking at?  Thanks Or how can I set this up as a spindle using step/dir?  Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2024 00:54 #303459 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic StepperOnline T6 servo drive
What is the step time set for?
(no motion is often an issue with too small a step time)

More
21 Jun 2024 03:04 - 21 Jun 2024 03:07 #303463 by Dave2024

What is the step time set for?
(no motion is often an issue with too small a step time)

Well for now its still set on the default 5000 but I did try increasing/decreasing it and still no luck.  Also when I enable and jog it using the drives Motion Studio software I notice theres an internal fan that turns on for cooling and the diplay on the drive also changes and the shaft on the motor becomes locked and cant turn it.  When I enable the servo from Pncconf it doesnt turn on or do anything at all?  I even tried enabling the servo from the Motion Studio software then try and send it step/dir signals from Pncconf and no luck.  Is there somthing that needs to be programed to tell the drive to enable first?  This CNC hardware stuff is so sophisticated and there like no documentation on it :(

Last edit: 21 Jun 2024 03:07 by Dave2024.

More
21 Jun 2024 03:40 #303465 by scotth
Replied by scotth on topic StepperOnline T6 servo drive
SRV-ON needs to be enabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave2024

More
21 Jun 2024 04:29 #303466 by jimmyrig
I've got the exact same setup and had the exact same problem. If memory serves it needed to be enabled, I think I just connected a pin to 24+, a wire for 24+ and a gnd wire.

If you can't figure it out I'll open the panel and post a pic.

More
21 Jun 2024 05:43 #303470 by Dave2024

SRV-ON needs to be enabled.

Ok thanks awsome this helped and it worked!  Basicaly theres a parameter that needs to be set to turn the servo on then the axis will move when sending it testing signals from Pncconf.  Ill make a video about it and post the link here after a couple celebration drinks!  Otherwise its tough to explain how to enable the setting on these drives!

More
21 Jun 2024 05:47 #303471 by Dave2024

I've got the exact same setup and had the exact same problem. If memory serves it needed to be enabled, I think I just connected a pin to 24+, a wire for 24+ and a gnd wire.

No need but thanks!  I just figured it out on the led screen with the buttons I had to go into PA400 press the set button and change it from 3 to 38 then press the Set button one last time and unplug and replug the power restarting it and it then starts up in SVR-ON mode.  Then im now able to use the step/dir signal port to control the motor.  Awesome!

More
21 Jun 2024 06:07 #303472 by Dave2024

No need but thanks!  I just figured it out on the led screen with the buttons I had to go into PA400 press the set button and change it from 3 to 38 then press the Set button one last time and unplug and replug the power restarting it and it then starts up in SVR-ON mode.  Then im now able to use the step/dir signal port to control the motor.  Awesome!

If you dont mind me asking what kind of setup for a machine are you running a one of these T6's with?  And which motor do you have?  Is it the 1kw motor?  Im planning on posibly running mine as a spindle for a mill of mine that has a sketchy motor and if ever goes bad I need the T6 with 1Kw motor as a backup

More
22 Jun 2024 04:26 #303531 by jimmyrig
Got the 400w version, machine is a bar feeder. Not finished yet so no report on longevity but it was easy enough to setup and get running

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds