Trouble getting PWM to work with 7i92TF and BoB but steppers working fine

More
10 Aug 2024 21:33 #307442 by itsbrian
Hi everyone, I've managed so far after all these years to get all the info I need on these boards by being a lurker, so thank you everyone for all the knowledge on here. I'm at a crossroads with this one though as I'm still quite new with the mesa boards.

I have the following BoB below and can confirm I can get the PWM working using software stepping by setting it on Pin 1 in the Stepconf wizard.

When setting this up using the Mesa board (7i92TF), I followed the guide below which works perfectly fine for running my steppers.
forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...rallel-port-bob-g540

What needs to be changed on my setup to get this working? Mind you the config on my mesa board is whatever came straight out of the box.

My intention is to use this PWM signal to control a laser since I mainly control my spindle manually (or RS485). I'm currently testing this potential laser setup right now with an LED. If this helps, one thing I also noticed differently between software stepping and the mesa board, is that during PC boot the LED is already lit versus when it is connected to parallel port it is not.

I've attached my INI and HAL file for the mesa config. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2024 23:17 #307447 by PCW
You would need to use 7i92t_5abobx2d.bin firmware to match that BOB

The following user(s) said Thank You: itsbrian

More
11 Aug 2024 01:20 #307452 by itsbrian
Spent some time reading up how to flash this thing and... it works! Thank you very much! Problem solved.

Also, I'm surprised I've been running it this whole time with no issues. 

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds