nc gui & touchscreen "kvkbd" focus

More
28 May 2011 01:05 #10120 by M4MazakUser
any ideas on how to not lose focus on "embedded" ncgui when using a touchscreen keyboard?

:S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2011 11:03 #10127 by BigJohnT
So your running Axis with embedded ngcgui on a touch screen with a software keyboard? Would that not be part of the keyboard software?

John

More
29 May 2011 19:27 #10155 by M4MazakUser
what i mean is my "onscreen keyboard" dosen't lose focus using axis, it's just the ncgui part, probably something in the preview window (area) code that gives full focus to the floating keyboard rather then letting you type.

all other programs i've encountered have no problem. (except for the synaptic password, which is no prob -just run it in a terminal.

More
29 May 2011 19:30 - 29 May 2011 19:31 #10156 by BigJohnT
You might contact Dewey, his contact info is in the README file.

I assume you know about touchy the touch screen interface?

John
Last edit: 29 May 2011 19:31 by BigJohnT.

More
30 May 2011 03:05 #10178 by M4MazakUser
yeh, but i like axis.

i believe i have sent him an email, will see what happens, i tried some of the other onscreen keyboards, same thing, - i'm setting up ncgui as a quick conversational interface, and it works great!, just that i can only type into it if it ain't docked :(

i removed the "preamble" (NGCGUI_PREAMBLE = /home/john/Documents/lathe_std.ngc), and made a sub called "start" "end" and "toolchange" with the toolcall and toolend bits removed from the rough id/od cycles, it nests really well, and makes it easier for other people in my workplace who don't have 20+years experience in "G" code to generate a usable program.

More
30 May 2011 11:08 #10181 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:nc gui & touchscreen
M4MazakUser wrote:

yeh, but i like axis.

That's why I don't have a touch screen on my Hardinge...

i believe i have sent him an email, will see what happens, i tried some of the other onscreen keyboards, same thing, - i'm setting up ncgui as a quick conversational interface, and it works great!, just that i can only type into it if it ain't docked :(

i removed the "preamble" (NGCGUI_PREAMBLE = /home/john/Documents/lathe_std.ngc), and made a sub called "start" "end" and "toolchange" with the toolcall and toolend bits removed from the rough id/od cycles, it nests really well, and makes it easier for other people in my workplace who don't have 20+years experience in "G" code to generate a usable program.

That would simplify the subroutines for sure.

John

More
31 May 2011 04:22 #10208 by M4MazakUser
Replied by M4MazakUser on topic Re:nc gui & touchscreen
So after chatting with the guy who wrote ncgui, the simple solution is... add a cheap flex keyboard- (waterproof) - $40

ill post a list of the macros i've modded next week.

aiming to make a full conversational pgm creator.

More
31 May 2011 11:34 #10218 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:nc gui & touchscreen
Neat! I like simple...

John

More
31 May 2011 11:36 #10219 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:nc gui & touchscreen
looking forward to your posts , love to try it here

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds