Subtoutine to override limits

More
07 Oct 2011 04:56 #13726 by grandixximo
Is it possible to write a subroutine to move out of limits?
I'm writing a subroutine for automatic tool change, and for safety reason i would like the whole tool change to be outside of the working limits of the machine, but the subroutine for ATC has to be able to move the machine out of limits, is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2011 13:05 #13745 by andypugh
grandixximo wrote:

the subroutine for ATC has to be able to move the machine out of limits, is it possible?

I don't know of a way, and I can't easily find one.

I think this might need to go to the mailing list.

More
07 Oct 2011 13:29 #13750 by kostas
Couldn't this be done with a HAL component that just disconnects limit signals from their target, using an "and2" as a switch maybe?

More
07 Oct 2011 13:32 #13752 by andypugh
kostas wrote:

Couldn't this be done with a HAL component that just disconnects limit signals from their target, using an "and2" as a switch maybe?

No, because EMC2 actively avoids hitting the limit switches once it is homed.

However, that might be part of the solution, you could easily protect the toolchanger area with a limit switch, active only when toolchange is not active. The problem would be that, unlike a normal limit switch, it would be possible to jog onto it.

More
07 Oct 2011 13:38 #13753 by kostas
andypugh wrote:

No, because EMC2 actively avoids hitting the limit switches once it is homed.

And I guess there is no way of dynamically changing the axis travel length during this procedure? Not an elegant solution even if it can be done, though.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds