Probe Problem

More
21 May 2012 10:39 - 21 May 2012 10:42 #20239 by AJBecker
Probe Problem was created by AJBecker
I'm having a strange problem when running the default rectangular probe subroutine. I ran it a couple of times successfully but I ran into a problem (mechanical) with the quill, which I sorted. The next time I ran the subroutine it didn't write to the probe.txt file so I deleted the file, restarted axis and the mill, and ran again. It then printed to the file but the x and y values were all zero and only Z had non-zero values. I had modified the .ngc file so I reloaded the default (with the G20 replaced with G21) and ran again with the same problem. It seems to be a configuration issue as the probe is tripping as it should and the x and y values on the machine are incrementing correctly. I used stepconf to set up the .hal and .ini and have only modified the hal files to add an mpg pendant. Any ideas where I should start looking?

Regards

Andrew
Last edit: 21 May 2012 10:42 by AJBecker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2012 10:55 #20241 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Probe Problem

. I had modified the .ngc file so I reloaded the default (with the G20 replaced with G21) and ran again with the same problem.

I am sure you thought of this but double check that the .ngc file you edited ( or the orginal) is the one being loaded and in the correct location.

Rick G

More
21 May 2012 11:29 #20244 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Probe Problem
My SWAG is you had the file open with probeopen... and aborted without doing a probeclose. This may have left the file in some state of limbo. Try power cycling the computer to see if that clears it up.

John

More
21 May 2012 13:05 #20248 by AJBecker
Replied by AJBecker on topic Re:Probe Problem
Rick: I'll make a new one and try again just in case.
John: It's quite possible, the quill problem caused the probe routine to throw an error and I might have aborted incorrectly.

I'll also try booting from the USB image, redoing the setup and running again just as a check that with my fiddling I didn't corrupt/confuse something.

Thanks for the quick replies :)

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds