Use A-axis to mill a radial feature.

More
07 Aug 2016 22:38 #78463 by cncnoel
Hi Rick & Tommy
Yes I did used to have NGCGUI_PREAMBLE set for a while, but found when I put the plasma torch on the machine, I found I used a different preamble setup. As a result I have migrated to using 2 preamble files o<preamble> and o<plasma>, Any better ideas out there?.
Yet to set up my A axis, I have the Gecko drive and servomotor / encoder ready, and the machine is wired for it (now), just need to build the rotary bed. Then it will be code-wars as I have yet another axis to crash! :ohmy:
Regards
Noel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2016 00:52 #78468 by tommylight
Easy, if you intend to use that 4th axis with the plasma, you just need to make another config with the setings, except in this case substitute Y axis (or X axis, depending on your setup) with A axis. So instead of moving Y axis you move A axis. Just be vary of the perimeter of the pipe you are cutting.
I have done this plenty, no need for 4 axis CAM software, and a lot easier to draw. Made some pretty complicated oval tube cuts with it.
Regards,
Tom
P.S. i think i mentioned using inkscape with gcodetools, as it has all the preamble already in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds