Using vismach

More
25 Jan 2012 00:33 - 25 Jan 2012 03:18 #17107 by dab77
Replied by dab77 on topic Re:Using vismach
Hi.
I'm using Vismach, and i could also add some class to its code to write lines controlled by hal_pins.
One thing that I still couldn't do is to change the point of view (lat,lon). I have a little switch thumb-joystick on the top of my joystick, and i wanted to use that to change the POV, so using hal_pins, but for now i cannot neither with numbers!

can someone help me?
thanks, Davide.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2012 03:18 by dab77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 23:38 #17137 by dab77
Replied by dab77 on topic Re:Using vismach
oh, and another thing, i think it would be useful, if anybody knows ho to handle this:
How can one clear the backtrace of the vismach model?

Thanks.

More
25 Dec 2013 01:00 - 25 Dec 2013 01:09 #41986 by Linux_rocks
Replied by Linux_rocks on topic Re:Using vismach
I just improved the wiki site on vismach and documented things I found out (not to much). Please help to improve it - this is an awesome feature which could be extended. But without good documentation, getting into the stuff takes so much time.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Vismach
Last edit: 25 Dec 2013 01:09 by Linux_rocks.

More
16 Jan 2014 17:50 #42869 by findux
Replied by findux on topic Using vismach
I tried to run vismach.py on win7 . need "minigl" and "glnav" . Is vismach works on microsoft win7 ?

More
16 Jan 2014 19:38 #42872 by Linux_rocks
Replied by Linux_rocks on topic Using vismach
I belive it should work also on Windows. You need to resolve the dependencies of vismach. For that you should make sure that the needed python libraries an opengl are installed. Don't know if you need anthing else. You'll probably have to find out on your own, what is needed from the code.

More
28 Jan 2014 15:30 #43263 by findux
Replied by findux on topic Using vismach
I realized that, I need minigl.c as a python file extension. I have some problem about compiling minigl.c file in Win7 . given this error "error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat" in Win7.
Is there any person, compiling successfully any **.c python extension file ?
additionally I am not sure one hundred percent this method. :huh:

More
28 Jan 2014 17:21 #43266 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Using vismach
Hi

minigl.c appears to be python bindings for C classes, so that they can be used in python

It will produce a library which can then be accessed by python code giving access to the C functions within.

I don't think you will find anyone here has knowledge or interest in trying to make code written for Linuxcnc, work under a particular version of windoze for another purpose.

Code is code and what you need to find is how to compile into a windows library which can be used by python.
I would suggest a windows orientated python forum

Or you could just install linux and Linuxcnc and concentrate on the core robotics task, whatever that is

regards

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds