can help me anyone in linux?

More
29 Jul 2012 12:22 #22583 by tux
Hi!

I have problems with my ubuntu 10.04 LTS system. The screen is not clear visible. The graphic and the characters are unreadable. I have attached screenshots of my screen, whats demonstrates the graphical problem. Before installing Ubuntu i used Windows XP which work without problems.

system specs: AMD Sempron 1600MHz, 1GB RAM, video: ATI Radeon 256MB

The question is: how can i fix the graphic problem?

p.s.: new in Linux.

sincerely Páldi Zoltán
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2012 13:15 #22585 by BigJohnT
Might be a problem with the graphics driver or card. Some trouble shooting info here .

John

More
31 Jul 2012 05:08 #22620 by jmelson
tux wrote:

Hi!

I have problems with my ubuntu 10.04 LTS system. The screen is not clear visible. The graphic and the characters are unreadable. I have attached screenshots of my screen, whats demonstrates the graphical problem. Before installing Ubuntu i used Windows XP which work without problems.

system specs: AMD Sempron 1600MHz, 1GB RAM, video: ATI Radeon 256MB

The question is: how can i fix the graphic problem?

p.s.: new in Linux.

sincerely Páldi Zoltán

It appears the character map has been scrambled. The lower-case e and i are messed up every place
they appear on the screen. Did you set this system up to default to a different language? Possibly that has
loaded a wrong font table. You might be able to go into the system config menu and select a different
language. Possibly then switching back to your language choice will get it set right.

Or, you may need to change the video card driver. If you are using the ATI driver, you
should try the default vga driver without the fancy hardware accelerations.

Jon

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds