Conversational gui

More
30 Oct 2012 22:44 #26071 by jaredts
Conversational gui was created by jaredts
Please bear with me as I am new to Linuxcnc. So far installing and using it with Axis has been perfectly painless, but I have just used the stepconf wizard and haven't customized any files. My real question is this: Can someone give me a suggestion for the simplest path to get some simple conversational routines in LInuxcnc? I'm comfortable entering g code into mdi and using Mastercam to program complicated stuff, but it would be nice to face things off by entering a few parameters. Down the road some circle milling and drilling might be nice too. Are there easy to use GUI's or another approach to get what I'm after?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 22:47 #26072 by jaredts
Replied by jaredts on topic Conversational gui
Another quick thought: will Axis accept macros? Can I just write a pocket macro and enter parameters to get the functionality I need?

More
30 Oct 2012 22:59 #26074 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Conversational gui
you might take a look at ngcgui

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/ngcgui.html

More
31 Oct 2012 18:37 #26122 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Conversational gui

Another quick thought: will Axis accept macros? Can I just write a pocket macro and enter parameters to get the functionality I need?

Well in LinuxCNC you use subroutines and ngcgui is based on subroutines. On my lathe I do 95% of the ops using ngcgui. Develop your subroutine in a normal G code file then add the lines needed by ngcgui and make the ini changes and it will show up as a tab in Axis.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/o-code.html

John

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds