Hardware encoder overrides with Touchy

More
05 Feb 2013 00:48 - 05 Feb 2013 01:22 #29576 by REEEN
Hello community,
at this time I retrofit a Reiden AC100 CNC Milling machine.

I use the Touchy GUI because I don't want to be tied to a mouse or a keyboard.
To override spindle speed and feed I use two encoders.
I don't like doing this with the Handwheel because you need to select FO or SO first to use it,
which could be a little bit to time intensive in some Situations.

I already set up a working Hardware SO and FO system on another machine using the AXIS GUI.

The set up with Touchy is also working but it does not show the correct FO and SO value in the Window .... only if I change it with the Handwheel.

If I read the Halui feed override value pin I can see the real value.

So the problem is the FO and SO are working, but Touchy does not show the right value....

Is there a way to get Touchy showing the right value ?

Or can I embed a PYVCP or GYVCP Panel on the right side of Touchy which is always visible as in AXIS ?

I hope you all know what I mean.

Thank you for your help!

GREETS REEEN
Last edit: 05 Feb 2013 01:22 by REEEN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2013 20:35 #30107 by BigJohnT
Touchy is a bit restrictive IMHO. I have been using it with the Gremlin back plot and ngcgui subroutine and yea you have to hit the jog button every time you want to jog. I think Touchy assumes you have only one MPG input device and you have to touch the SO and FO buttons each time to use it. I'm not using SO or FO at the moment so I can't say why it is not updating. If I get a chance I'll see if I can connect one up on my BP and see if I can follow you.

If your using the machine in a high production shop you should look at gscreen as it is being geared for that area.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds