how to edit/ make a custom Touchy/Gscreen GUI

More
01 Apr 2013 16:47 #32147 by jtc
Tnks Andy. now it compiles.

but I have to copy the icon folder from linuxcnc-dev version to the linuxcnc folder to be able to show gmoccapy correctly.

at this point. for now I want to remove the jog controls (ntb_jog) but maintain the coordinates (it will have to show permanently the DTG and Relative position for (x,z), so I have to change it later). and remove the spindle 100% button (btn_spindle_100). when erase it on glade and run the program it show a error, and after press OK on the error, the program closes. so I think that have to change (disable) this widget on the gmoccapy_handler.py. in my search on the code I find that "btn_spindle_100" are in some places. so how can I disable it to can erase it from the GUI and run with no problems? after change the *.py code have to compile it (it's my fist time in python)? how can I do this? or have to compile the entire linuxcnc like in the newbynobi post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 17:13 - 01 Apr 2013 17:32 #32148 by newbynobi
Hallo jtc,

after changing thinks in Python Code or in the glade file, you don't have to recompile, just save the changes and start linuxcnc,.

To Hide the btn_spindle_100, please open the glade file and select the button, then go to the third tab of the tabs right bottom side and select under "visible" the value "False", save the file and the button is gone!

The same you can do with the ntb_jog widget, but I don't recommend that! Because hiding the ntb_dro you will also hide the MDI-History and the code preview in MDI and Auto Mode.Please hide the hbox4 iinsteadt. But Hiding it will not give you more space for DRO, because the ntb_dro pages 1 and 2 will still require the space.

If you want to add more DRO's, you will have to add first more lines to tbl_dro, than add just more DRO's, Just do it by copy and paste and than change the widget propertys in the first tab:

Joint Number = 0 for X and 2 for Z
Reference Type = 0 for Absolut, 1 for relative and 2 for DTG

See the file dro.glade, there I show all three reference type for all axis, you can include this File as embedded program in a user tab, just see the INI File.

And have fun!

Norbert
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 17:32 by newbynobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtc

More
01 Apr 2013 17:55 #32150 by jtc
just after my post I discovered that can be hide, but find that problem on the ntb_jog. I hide one bye one but hiding hbox4 as you suggested its better idea.

tnks for the advices, I will try it.

João Tiago

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds