translation files for Gscreen GUI

More
16 Feb 2015 22:17 #56010 by bjames28
Dear All,

I'd like to translate the Gscreen GUI.
I searched the git repo, Wiki, and mailing lists, but I couldn't find what file(s) should I translate.
I supposed to have separate PO/POT files, but there is only one big linuxcnc.po.

Could you please give me guidance where to start?

Translataion of Gmoccapy is more easy, everything is located in one separate file.

Best regards:
Janos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 04:17 #56027 by newbynobi
Hallo Janos,

That is exactly the reason why i went that way with gmoccapy. Unfortunately the gsreen translation stings are included in the monster file linuxcnc.po.

If Chris does not change his code, it is very complicated to extract the translation strings.

Norbert

More
17 Feb 2015 14:35 #56046 by cmorley
hmm I didn't think anyone was using Gscreen anymore ... glad to hear it was useful.
As Norbert said I have not separated Gscreen from linuxcnc translations.
You would have to sort thru the large file.

What version of linuxcnc are you using?

More
17 Feb 2015 22:16 #56054 by bjames28
Hi Norbert, Chris,

I am in the process of translation of Gmoccapy, here the work is quite simple, just copy/paste the translated text and thats all.
Gmoccapy has lot of features already bilt-in and Robert provides very good support. Thank you Robert.

For some people Gscreen and especially its Industrial theme looks better or closer to what they used to see in big CNC machines. Thank you Chris too for the excellent piece of software.
Both GUIs are very good and users need them instead of Axis GUI, because of features, flexibilty, less resources required or because they are modern in every aspect.

It is discouraging that putting translations into right place and right files takes more time and effort than making the tranlation itself.
Are there any plans to separate the translations at least for Gscreen, or maybe for all other docs?
It is much easier to take a little chunk of interest to translate, than doing it for the whole..

Localization is essential for wider acceptance in countries where English is not the native language.

I use different version of LinuxCNC, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, gmoccapy and gscreen are to be used in 2.6 and 2.7.

Best regards:
Janos

More
18 Feb 2015 05:41 #56060 by newbynobi
Hallo Janos,

If you do send me your translation file, i will knclude the translation to standard, so it is usefull also for others.

Thanks in advance.

Norbert

More
18 Jun 2015 03:27 #59922 by bjames28
Hi Norbert,

I sent you the gmoccapy translation file and the gmoccapy documentation translation almost one week ago but no reply so far.

Did you get the e-mail?

Regards:
Janos

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds