Gscreen - florence instead of onboard

More
30 Dec 2017 20:40 #103870 by Skovholm
Hi
I did configure my CNC with touch screen and use now GSCREEN and it works perfect.
BUT when touch the keyboard button nothing happen because i think it call "onboard" virtual keyboard.
I can not install onboard but did succes with florence and it works perfect, when i do open it from cmd line when working in GSCREEN.

So how can i change the file name KEYBOARD button call ? ...instead of calling oboard it shall call florence ...

I will appriciate any help you can give

check this danish video out if you want to see the touch screen working www.facebook.com/hjalmar.s.hansen/videos...83/10210560193145973

Best regards

Hjalmar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2017 20:59 #103874 by Skovholm
Hi
just found something in gscreen.py ...see attachement..

can i just change that ?

Hjalmar
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2017 22:43 - 30 Dec 2017 22:54 #103880 by cmorley
Yes that is the place. I am not familiar with florence keyboard, so I'm not sure if there are more details required.
But it's pretty easy to try...
Gmoccapy allows the use of matchbox-keyboard - Gscreen was never updated for it, so that is a possibility too.

I see you are using master so can use matchbox-keyboard already if you can install it on the system.

sudo apt install matchbox-keyboard

Though if you do get florence to work please post the code and i'll add it to gscreen

Chris M
Last edit: 30 Dec 2017 22:54 by cmorley.

More
31 Dec 2017 07:58 #103890 by Skovholm
HI Chris
Thanks for looking into this...
I installed matchbox-keyboard and can run it if i in a terminal write /usr/bin/matchbox-keyboard
BUT the button on gscreen will not activate it ...

What can the problem be ? ...permissions seem to be ok but are that an issue ?

if i want to use florence i need to recompile the hole thing and i dont want to go into that ;)

appriciate your help..

Hjalmar

More
02 Jan 2018 03:41 #103942 by cmorley
I'm not sure what the problem could be - it works for me - i'm using Mint though.
does it work in terminal with just 'matchbox-keyboard' ?
You don't have to recompile, you just need to modify the copied version (if it's an installed version)

Chris M

More
02 Jan 2018 08:06 #103945 by cmorley
I looked at Florence - coded an example but it doesn't work quite the same as the other two.
it would take much more work to make it work properly.
I will not be presueing it.
Sorry

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds