Is it possible to use qt embedded program serve as New GUI for linuxcnc

More
11 Jan 2018 10:29 #104275 by lottefang
Hi guys:
I know how to program a qt application, and I have studied linuxcnc nml recently. I know there is qtvcp which works great for linuxcnc. But qtvcp use python and pyqt. In my humble opinion, it's not so efficient as qt embedded application (running without X11).
So here are my questions:
1. Is it possible to use qt embedded program (using nml mechanism )serve as New GUI for linuxcnc?
2. If I have already compiled this application named foobar. As this program is not a python module, How should I edit this foobar.ini file?
3. Should I still write a foobar.py to launch foobar?
Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2018 12:08 #104283 by andypugh
There have been some LinuxCNC GUI apps written in not-Python, maybe use one of those as a template?

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.6/src/emc/usr_intf/xemc.cc

More
11 Jan 2018 12:31 #104285 by lottefang
Hi andypugh:
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I think I can use this xemc.cc as a template. But I don't know where is it's ini file. Could you tell me more about how to config this gui? Or How to edit a ini file to launch a no-Python program in linuxcnc. ?

More
11 Jan 2018 17:20 #104298 by andypugh
The INI data is passed to the GUI by the LinuxCNC script (and accessed from inside the GUI with the functions from the "inifile.hh" #include
The following user(s) said Thank You: lottefang

More
11 Jan 2018 18:35 #104304 by cmorley
I believe machinekit uses qt similar to what you want though I think they use QML.
Might get some ideas there too.

Chris M

More
12 Jan 2018 11:16 #104334 by lottefang

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds