Creating a modified gmoccapy screen

More
28 Jan 2018 22:41 #105124 by persei8
I have modified the gmoccapy glade file to make a revised UI to suit my particular taste. By commenting out some code in the gmoccapy python file and replacing the original files with my glade and python files, it is working. However, I would prefer it had it's own space and leave gmoccapy unmolested. To do this, I made copies of the share/gmoccapy and bin/gmoccapy and lib/python/gmoccapy directories and gave them a new name (silverdragon) This is all in the ~/linuxcnc-dev folder as I switched to RIP and uninstalled the deb version. I grepped for all occurances of the word gmoccapy and replaced them with silverdragon, except for comments and print statements. (all attributions remain in place) I can't figure what else needs to be modified and have attached the error window that comes up. Seems like it might be related to a spindle module in HAL?? What I would (should) really like to do, is get this working with gscreen but that is another whole can of worms. Using 2.8.0~pre1. Any suggestions on what to try next?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2018 00:11 #105135 by persei8
umm..... never mind. I made it work by restoring the spindle_sim.hal to its original form and changing one line from the python file back to it's original form. It even works when I place the python and glade files in the system directories, ie. /usr/bin and /usr/share. Next step is to move it onto the machine that actually controls the CNC.

More
29 Jan 2018 22:37 #105181 by Grotius
@Persei,

Just look at my new thread, i know it's hard to make a custom screen. Hihi

More
30 Jan 2018 02:09 #105183 by cmorley
It's not that hard to make a simple screen.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gui/gscreen.h..._sheet_custom_screen

It takes a lot of experience to make a full featured screen.

Chris M

More
30 Jan 2018 22:08 #105215 by newbynobi
Please post a screenshot, i am curius how you screen looks like. The error you got is caused, as your pin name is too long, max 47 caracters are allowed!

Norbert

More
30 Jan 2018 22:25 #105217 by persei8
I'm not at my computer now but I posted a screenshot at forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/33949-possibi...-good-or-the-bad-way I got the above error because I tried to create a HAL component called silverdragon. When I put it back to gmoccapy, it worked fine.

More
03 Feb 2018 18:41 #105364 by fixer
Here is my try of modifying gmoccapy github.com/fixerslo/Promoccapy
It is practically unusable without any real hardware, but you might get some ideas there. The code is ugly, some crazy tricks here and there, but it is fully functional. I am using it on a real machine now.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds