Qtvcp use with grinder

More
04 Aug 2019 19:20 #141360 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Qtvcp use with grinder
I added saving/loading of macro settings to qtvcp. IIRC that is something you needed for your grinder settings.
Note the save/load buttons in the picture.
The style and sizes need to be tweaked for sure.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2019 14:37 - 15 Aug 2019 18:50 #142240 by partec
Replied by partec on topic Qtvcp use with grinder
Thank you Chris, sorry, the actual thread here became a bit degenerated for only how to get Linuxcnc Widgets visible in designer.

I still understand very little of the manifold QTvcp possibilities at the moment, I should continue to ask for details in individual threads, may be?

It would be desirable to load and save parameters from and to the Linuxcnc.var File

then set actual parameters for use in grinding macro may be in a Qtvcp tab in Touchy

may be parallel use of a extra Qtvcp CamView window

jog with relevant joint to position behind workpiece, press yellow button "teach in behind workpiece"
jog with relevant joint to position ahead of workpiece, press yellow button "teach in ahead of workpiece"
jog with relevant joint to position over top of workpiece, press yellow button "teach in secure top of workpiece"
input grinding allowance some way, press yellow button "teach in grinding allowance of workpiece"
and so on for all needed parameters

then with relevant macro press start button for grinding
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Aug 2019 18:50 by partec.

More
17 Aug 2019 02:20 #142364 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Qtvcp use with grinder
Sorry I missed this - am working out of town.
You could start a new thread if u like or continue here.

Reading and writing the var file is certainly possible - I wish there was a better way as it's really 'working behind linuxcnc's back' and that always feels dangerous to me, but we do it in some widgets already.

Qtvcp is embedable - I am a little Leary about keypress fowarding - do you use keyboard for jogging or abort etc?

The rest seems to be reasonably possible with some programming.

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds