mocca GUI

More
28 Sep 2010 12:34 #4387 by rudydp
mocca GUI was created by rudydp
I have recently started looking at MOCCA as a GUI for EMC2. It is a bit troublesome to get it fully loaded as a development system, but worth the trouble.

I loaded the mocca developmnet package first, then Lazarus, then freepascal, as per instructions. Then I loaded the source of emc 2.4.1. With a few changes in the Makefile of mocca to locate the include and emc directories, I could build a new version of mocca, This allowed me to start changing a few things in the code. I am an experience Delphi programmer.

The changes so far are mostly translation of German words into English. Not all of the German words can be changed by editing the .xml files, so this was required. Ideally one should be able to change mocca from Lazarus. To change screen layouts is many times easier in Lazarus using the mouse than to edit the .xml files. Howver, I have not been succesful to get Lazarus to compile and build mocca - it probably needs some libraries or updates. I am using Ubuntu 10.4.

I am very excited about this new GUI. It allows the changes needed to customize the GUI for a specific machine and also to have larger buttons for a touch screen layout. I have successfully changed it for an LG touch screen and it works well.

It needs some expansion of the links to emc. For instance I need to have a display of the actual spindle speed as well, not only the commanded speed (the motion.spindle-speed-in and motion.spindle-speed-out signals are both required). Since my spindle speed is currently not contolled by emc, but by manual turning of a wheel, I need to manually change the speed for say rigid tapping, etc.

I hope to contribute may further experiences with mocca in the future.

Keep up the good work on mocca!
Rudy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2010 19:56 #4399 by gtom
Replied by gtom on topic Re:mocca GUI
Hello Rudy,
welcome to mocca :-)
if you have questions about the code or internals of mocca do not hesitate to contact me.
Thomas: info(at)jetsport.de

regards, Thomas

More
13 Apr 2012 18:31 #19178 by deru
Replied by deru on topic Re:mocca GUI
I'm trying to translate Mocca GUI to portuguese (brazilian). I installed the Lazarus IDE(ver. 0.9.28.2-12+FPC 2.4.0) and Mocca(svn rev.189). I'm not a programmer, my last contact with programming was 15 years ago(cobol, pascal, clipper, dbaseIII, c++), only in simple programs.
I edited the code(buttom, menus captions) saved and compiled again using the command make all(ver. 2.4.1). But nothing changed, what is wrong?

Thanks for the great work on this amazing GUI.

More
14 Apr 2012 08:55 #19188 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:mocca GUI
have you moved the compiled file to the installed directory of moccagui , and have you the correct paths set in your INI file

More
15 Apr 2012 10:18 #19216 by deru
Thank you cncbasher, tomorrow I will try to compile again.

More
18 Apr 2012 15:56 #19354 by deru
I tried to compile mocca with modifications in lazarus without success.
The modifications is almost on .lfm files(buttom size, dialogs capitons, etc). Compiling the code in Lazarus results errors. Compiling with the command "make all", the compilation is OK, but with some hints issued.
If I run the EMC2 I can use mocca gui, but without my modifications, even deleting the compiled file and compiling again .

Thanks in advance

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds