Tool Size in Gremlin Preview Screen

More
21 Aug 2018 18:51 #116411 by islander261
Hello

Sorry if this has been covered else where, I couldn't find it.

Is there a way to control the size of the tool in the gremlin preview display. I am using the stock Gmoccapy calls to it and the tool is really big on the preview. My typical preview screen is equal to 1.25m square and the tool appears to be 200mm. Is there another tool icon beside the cone?

TIA

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2018 19:05 #116414 by BigJohnT
The cone is the tool that is used when you don't define the tool and load the tool.

JT

More
21 Aug 2018 23:20 #116435 by islander261
JT

Thanks, I haven't been able to find any documentation about using Gremlin Preview other than the Glade Virtual Control Panel chapter in the docs that only mentions whether the tool is visible or not in the preview screen. Can someone please point me to a fuller definition of how to use this feature?

John

More
23 Aug 2018 17:05 #116495 by islander261
Ok

I found out how to fix this, at least in Gmoccapy. The tool table was set to load tool 0 and all the data fields for this tool where not defined. I set the tool diameter field to .25 and the displayed tool changed to a little cylinder scaled to .25 units diameter! I use this for a plasma cutter so I have never even considered looking at the tool table before because all my tool changes (cutting parameters) are done by the PP and hard coded. I still want to know how to change the shape of the tool.

John

More
24 Aug 2018 11:15 #116529 by BigJohnT
You can change it to look like a lathe tool.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/lathe/lathe-u...c_lathe_tool_table_a

JT

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds