Error after installing Glade 3.22 and trying to revert back to Glade 3.8

More
15 Jan 2022 22:11 #231944 by kimdanielarthur
Hi,

I was in the process of installing Glade and did a 'Sudo apt-get install glade' which installed Glade 3.22. Realising that this is not compatible with linuxcnc2.8.2 i did 'sudo apt-get remove glade' and then 'sudo apt-get install glade-3'.

Glade itself works fine, however opening any glade components in linuxcnc or trying to include the gladevcp widgets in the glade editor fails with the following related to the python2.7 gladevpc libraries
"ImportError: When using gi.repository you must not import static modules like "gobject". Please change all occurrences of "import gobject" to "from gi.repository import GObject". See:  bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=709183 "

Is this possible to fix without doing a full clean? Or some workaround? Maybe there is residue of the Glade 3.22 still confusing the system?

Let me know if any more info is needed!

Thanks,
Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2022 22:42 #231950 by kimdanielarthur
Full error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gladevcp/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from .hal_pythonplugin import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gladevcp/hal_pythonplugin.py", line 1, in <module>
from .hal_widgets import HAL_HideTable
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gladevcp/hal_widgets.py", line 16, in <module>
from gi.repository import gi
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 39, in <module>
raise ImportError(_static_binding_error)
ImportError: When using gi.repository you must not import static modules like "gobject". Please change all occurrences of "import gobject" to "from gi.repository import GObject". See: bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=709183

More
15 Jan 2022 23:08 #231964 by kimdanielarthur
I did

sudo apt-get remove python-gi

Which in term removed linuxcnc-uspace

So after
sudo apt-get install linuxcnc-uspace

it seems to all be back to working order

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds