Probe Screen V1 for Python3/GTK3

More
25 Jul 2022 04:32 #248215 by Eyecon
Hello,
I recently moved to Linux 2.9 and I wanted to continue to use Gmoccapy with Probe Screen because I've been having so much trouble with qtdragon. I decided to port Probe Screen (github.com/verser-git/probe_screen) to Python3/GTK3. I managed to get it to work and wanted to share the main files here. Attached are the main files I modified from the github master branch.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, zinsade, ChironFZ16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2022 04:38 #248216 by cmorley
Not to derail your work here but what problems with qtdragon?

More
25 Jul 2022 04:48 - 25 Jul 2022 04:53 #248218 by Eyecon
@cmorley for some reason, I get "error finishing read" randomly with my mesa cards only when running qtdragon...probe_basic and gmoccapy work perfectly fine for the same servo thread period on the same system...and isolcpus makes no difference. When I try to session startup launch qtdragon upon login it always does that before the UI is even done loading, the only way I could get it to launch on startup is to create a small script that delays the start of linuxcnc by 10-15 seconds. It's almost as if  qtdragon is too processor intensive for my system that I have to finish loading the desktop before I can launch linuxcnc...again all other UIs perform fine even when started upon login.
The other thing is I always get segmentation fault upon exist but I can live with that if I can get it to run without crashing the hm2_eth component

Don't get me wrong, I love qtdragon but I don't feel it's stable enough...unless you have any suggestions on how to fix/troubleshoot this issue.
Running on a quad core Celeron j4125, linuxcnc 2.9 complied from source and installed as package, XFCE desktop, Kernel 5.10 rt
Last edit: 25 Jul 2022 04:53 by Eyecon.

More
25 Jul 2022 05:21 #248220 by cmorley
Thank you for the detailed report.
I will have to try a newer linux system to test.

Congrats on upgrading versa probe to GTK 3!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eyecon

More
16 Feb 2023 18:01 #264635 by jgomes
Hi guys,
Any advice how to use Probe Screen ?, i have instaled in my system 2.74, but when probe X and Y edges, when put to cut one gcode is out of range of my previous operation

More
23 Aug 2023 09:55 #278765 by zinsade
Hallo Eyecon,
es ist zwar ein Jahr her aber trotzdem aktuell.
Kann ich die Dateien auch in AXIS nutzen?
Sind nur diese 2 Dateien geändert?
Bleibt die original installation so wie sie ist?

Gruß
Peter

Sorry it is translatet from German.

Hello Eyecon,
It was a year ago but still up to date.
Can I also use the files in Axis?
Are only these 2 files changed?
Does the original installation stay the way it is?

greeting
Peter

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds