Where are hal icon ?

More
20 Jul 2023 16:30 #275903 by Storne
Where are hal icon ? was created by Storne
Hello,

I have a problem with the glad's HAL components.
I installed glade by command (sudo apt install glade) and have the 3.22.1 version of the software.
Initially, I didn't have the drop-down lists of HAL Python or VCP Actions components.
You can see that by adding the path of the catalogs folder in the glade preference window I have both but nothing inside (I also tried pixmap but no effect)
I saw in an other topic that I should probably put this path ~linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/gladevcp
but impossible to find it.

Could you help me with this ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2023 16:44 #275905 by HansU
Replied by HansU on topic Where are hal icon ?
The custom LinuxCNC widgets are only available if you install linuxcnc or if you run it from a RIP environment. The icons are only available for the first case (unless you copy they manually).
I guess you are running Linuxcnc 2.9 on Buster?

More
21 Jul 2023 09:59 #275946 by Storne
Replied by Storne on topic Where are hal icon ?
Yes, I didn't say that, but I'm running Linuxcnc 2.8 on Buster. I followed the steps to install linuxcnc from a bootable device and then, to create a customized interface (for my own cnc machine) I installed glade as I said before.

More
21 Jul 2023 20:27 #275974 by HansU
Replied by HansU on topic Where are hal icon ?
Glade 3.22 (glade) is the wrong version for Linuxcnc 2.8. You need glade for gtk 2. Try to install glade-gtk2 or glade-3 if not already installed.
Is is availle here linuxcnc.org/dists/buster/base/binary-am...k2_3.8.6-1_amd64.deb

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds