Help request

More
15 Mar 2017 03:52 #89645 by tjamscad
Help request was created by tjamscad
My wife is taking an international business class and has a project that requires her to contact people that live and work out of the US.

Here are the questions she needs answered.
1. What do you think is the most difficult challenge for U.S. businesses that want to do business in your country?

2. What advice or suggestions do you have for American businesses that want to do business in your country?

Please provide name and contact email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2017 01:51 #90170 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Help request
1 Distance of 8000 miles two flights in one direction, talking to the wrong people here tends to mess 90 of foreign investment, a smal dose of corruption ( not even close to some other states that are now in EU ), unqualified work force ( again it is way beter than India or Pakistan or 70 % of countries ), lazyness.
2 Find the right people to talk to, not politicians or municipal workers, there are people here who can get almost anything done by law and awoiding the above mentioned pitfals, there are a lot of highly educated people just have to know where to look at as they tend to be less public figures, the infrastructure is geting much beter and over 60% of roads are highways ( smal country so that should be easy, just now working on the highway to my city ), also per capita the highest IQ in the region till lately since smart phones are making people dummer.
All in all, it is very easy to start a business here and run it, i know people from US who own their businesses here and especialy from Germany, Switzerland and Austria and Turkey.

Sorry for the late reply, i am in Kosovo, soon to be in EU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjamscad

More
07 Apr 2017 07:40 #90989 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Help request
hi tommylight I was hoping you lived in Hrvatska .... kroatia .... in the last to year i plan to tranfer my activity from italy to kroatia, because if you have some money to spent in businnes you can non pay any tax for an amount of 10 years .... a good start for become an EU businnesmann ... for shure you should make your business in places with poor industry ... it is usually also the tourist zones in those areas ... but for now I have not these amount to spent.

sin if I lived in croatia I would be happy to find you in motorcycle at one time or another ... to get to the kosovo mè would be a bit 'long, Or should I take the ferry from Ancona ... for the next two years can not to plan as long holidays.

1- For an US businnesmann become an EU businnesman is not so simple if you work in industrial branch. Our policies in the industrial sector are more restrictive than the US .... the only rules you have in US that normally we Europeans are struggling a bit 'to observe is that for the production of machines that need to be food & drug office approved ... but not for the legislation itself, but for the materials that you have to use ... a bit 'different from ours (I find that I work in this industry and the material food&drug approved are better for these sector). The law itself is restrictive as the Italian .... a German is perhaps a bit 'more difficult to respect it ... in fact you should know that there are in the EU to EU standards policies but each state interprets them in his own way .... in Italy usually interpret them in a restrictive way, in Germany usually so "affordable" ... in england .... well those for rummaging doubt they came from the EU ...:laugh: :laugh:

sorry these morning I'm very happy so I tend to be a little playful ...

2-I said that if it's something you want to do you should contact one American Chamber of Commerce and ask what is the best country for you .... if I were to choose to transfer Crozia, because close to home and for the reasons you I said, but perhaps other countries for your businnes are better. Poland, Romain, Spain, France, Germany ... in Italy we have 3/4 US Army bases ... is a good places to start ...

2a- if your wife work on American Chamber of Commerce .... reply 2 is not valid. :laugh:

Regards
Giorgio

More
07 Apr 2017 09:43 #90994 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Help request
Salve Giorgio,
We are not yet in EU, so you can do as you wish here, no restrictions except some standard guide lines.
Average monthly pay is 200 to 300 euro so makes labour cheap, taxes are OK and there is the usual " if you invest back in your bussines you do not pay taxes, or pay very little".
This is not a tourist zone, there are tourists here all the time but not much.
If you want to visit Kosovo, you should take a ferry to Dures in Albania, and some 350Km from Dures to Peja where i live. There are buses every day during summer from there to here, but if i do not have something urgent i can come pick you up in Dures.
Regards

More
07 Apr 2017 10:54 - 07 Apr 2017 11:00 #90998 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Help request
I know these ... some my client is friend of some politics member in albania so I can have some info about these area .... but unfortunately this customer is not even my friend :dry: ... the problem for me about these area (for work) is non UE rules.... they make a lot of people struggling to buy polish automation what are made very well because .... Those prefer Italian, German, English or Spanish .... unfortunately people hardly know evaluate from artifacts visible technical quality ... so people trust the hearsay and advertising .... poland is not very well known for its robots, so it are not bought many .... and if a country is not EU is worse.

For possible holiday visit: for me in these years is very difficult because a new activity start .... so many things depends by me.
From my home and ancona ferry is about 950Km .... 1 motorcycle hard day ... than 1 day to meet you, than 4/5 vacation day and then 2 hard day for return. For me is ok .... but I think I should take vacation from my wife to be able to make such a holiday. ... between one year or two we might talk it over ... the working conditions will be different for me. So my wife will give me some of the extra permits.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It is always a pleasure talking to you.
Giorgio
Last edit: 07 Apr 2017 11:00 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds