Just my thoughts

More
21 Apr 2019 14:40 #131399 by travis036
Just my thoughts was created by travis036
when i first got my CNC moving with LinuxCNC, it was like watching my first born come to life (actually... it is my first born). i have used Linux before, so it wasn't a steep learning curve. well, with exception to the differences between Debian and the Red Hat distro's i am used to. now my machine is getting closer, and closer to being fully operational, and i feel like it is metaphorically nearing graduation, so it can go to work.
it has been a long road, and it still has a little ways to go to clean things up, and tie in the necessary safety functions. but given my limited funding, i would have been dead in the water, if not for LinuxCNC. it is not just free, but very powerful, and well supported.
now somehow, even with my still limited knowledge, i have gained the title of "Senior Boarder ". i feel like i am just now starting to get the hang of some things, and have been doing some configuration changes (github.com/travisfarmer/my-linuxcnc-conf) to make my machine work better for my needs.
in short, i would like to thank the developers, for building LinuxCNC, and the helpful forum members, documentation, and the Wiki, for filling in the details. I truly look forward to continued success with my machine build.
I have an old YouTube video of my machine (
), but when things are looking a little less "spaghetti wired", i will make a new video, as there have been some changes since that video. like moving from a Makita RF1101 router, to a Perske 3PH 5HP spindle, for instance.

anyway, just thought i would express my infatuation for LinuxCNC. :woohoo:

~Travis
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2019 00:56 #131439 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Just my thoughts
I still remember the first machine, it wrote EMC2 upside down, but i was happy and i knew how to fix it there and then, but i let it run! Oh happy days.
After a few days i wanted to change something so got introduce to capabilities of HAL, i could never break up with it !!! :)

More
22 Apr 2019 07:32 #131470 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Just my thoughts
Yes, it was EMC2 with BDI 2.xx somewhere 200x (x = lowfigure).
I was happy that it finally moved, also I did not understand what I did for...

Like sometimes today.

For me LinuxCNC is an astonishing and extraordinary community, so many years of voluntary development hours. Also my biggest thanks to all the developers.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds