XHC LHB04 USB Wired pendant: does it really need batteries?

More
09 Nov 2019 12:56 #149981 by travis036
so, my biggest gripe with my wireless pendant (XHC WHB04), is that despite turning off the pendant when not using it, the batteries are usually dead when i really need them not to be.
i found a wired USB version, but i think it still needs batteries. just guessing anyway.
From the eBay advert:
Package include:
1 x CNC Handwheel (batteries are NOT included)
1 x CD
1 x User Guide
1x Warranty Card

~Travis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 14:28 #149984 by pl7i92
thats why we all most use the Wirerd one not the wirerless
it realy needs the bateries where els shoudt the power come from
you can open it up and mak it a USB loaded Accu one
meaning it loads always if it is in the dogging station

More
09 Nov 2019 17:59 #149997 by travis036
I knew the wireless pendant needed batteries, but i wasn't sure if the wired USB pendant needed batteries, or if it would draw power from the USB. it says no batteries are included, so i assumed that the wired pendant did need batteries.

i stumbled upon a YouTube video showing the install of a similar, but older wired pendant, but it showed no batteries required, so i ordered one.

i always liked the wireless pendant, but the more i used it, the more i found it's failures.

i will likely sell the wireless pendant, when i get the new wired version, if anybody is interested.

~Travis

More
19 Nov 2019 16:09 #150660 by travis036
I just got the LHB04B-4 pendant, and first impressions are that it looks better style-wise. not really important...
The buttons and screen layout are different, so i expect i will have to work with HAL to identify what buttons are mapped to what functions. it is missing the "speed knob" peg on the MPD knob. i think i can rob the one off the other pendant if i find i miss it. it was usually in the way, and resulted in an unwanted move when reaching for a button, and bumped the little peg.

I have a day off from work while we wait for a foundation to be poured, so i should have time in a bit, or after lunch to head out to the CNC shed.

~Travis
Attachments:

More
10 Apr 2021 14:24 #205526 by Wenndemann
Travis, could you answer the initial question if the LHB04B-4 needs batteries or not? I'm planing to buy one of this, but if it also needs batteries it would be quite annoying.
Another question. Works the LHB04B-4 with the WHB04B-6 HAL component?

Stefan

More
10 Apr 2021 15:01 #205528 by robertspark
the wired one does not need batteries (I have one of the older typeones)

More
10 Apr 2021 17:46 #205542 by Wenndemann
Nice, thanks for your reply.
Could someone confirm that it works with the HAL component for the wireless version?
I like to use it with an RPi 4 with a custom QtPyVCP for the original 7" RPi 7" touch screen and a SKR1.4 with remora firmware to connect the steppers.

Stefan

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds