Compiling linuxcnc on Slackware. Some warnings.

More
27 May 2020 23:50 #169177 by fauve
OK, got it. But how do I download it? sources.debian.org/src/blt/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2020 23:51 #169178 by BeagleBrainz
Have you tried the build scripts from SlackBuilds.org ? The latest version they have use is 2.5.3
Usuaully Alien Bob has some good scripts as well.

Or you can open a deb package as an archive with midnight commander and extract the binaries, but then you'll need to run ldd on the binaires & libs to see what is missing. Or you can look for deb2tgz on SlackBuilds, to create a slackware package from a deb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fauve

More
28 May 2020 19:45 #169247 by fauve
I managed to compile blt-2.5 (with 21 patches!). Somehow @PATCHLEVEL@ didn't get replaced with "2.5.3" in /usr/lib/blt2.5/pkgIndex.tcl, so fixed that, as well as Tcl not finding "Linuxcnc" package - fixed by linking /usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc to /usr/lib/tcllib1.18/linuxcnc. So the latency-histogram is up.

Still "unknown symbols" in modules when loading linuxcnc. Modules aren't related to Tcl/Tk, so I was expecting that.

Well, that's about how much fun I can afford myself for the moment. I might give it one more shot in the future. Maybe with some patched versions of RTAI (github.com/SebKuzminsky/rtai). But I need Slackware 14.0-14.1, and not -current for that.

Thank you for your patience.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds