Choosing the most suitable coupling and Assembly Method

More
07 Sep 2020 13:40 - 07 Sep 2020 13:43 #181152 by Himarc3D
For someone like me its beginner and wanna know how to assembly and differences.

Last edit: 07 Sep 2020 13:43 by Himarc3D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2020 20:08 #181169 by rodw
Its good you ask as this is often overlooked.

You need to calculate the maximum torque transmitted through the coupling and ensure the coupling is sized to suit. And that they are suited to the misalignment in your setting. Typically the cheap helical cut misalignment couplers are very low torque and will result in back lash and positional error. The oldham style couplers can transmit more torque.

More
08 Sep 2020 04:42 #181212 by Himarc3D
Thanks Rodw.
Actually i already brought the couplings from NBK, i brought the lower cost model XGS-25C using Misumi store, i did what you saying using their site i choose the motor output and paired with the coupling. The problem using Aliexpress they dont offer too much specification in their store and we need ask all to the seller.
I received together the ballscrew disc and oldham style too for free from Aliexpress seller.

More
08 Sep 2020 10:37 #181232 by rodw

Thanks Rodw.
Actually i already brought the couplings from NBK, i brought the lower cost model XGS-25C using Misumi store, i did what you saying using their site i choose the motor output and paired with the coupling. The problem using Aliexpress they dont offer too much specification in their store and we need ask all to the seller.
I received together the ballscrew disc and oldham style too for free from Aliexpress seller.

Originally, I used a cheap helical one I had on hand but when I calculated the torque on the shaft, it was clear it was under specced, so I bought one locally which cost me about AUD $70 but at least I had a torque rating.

I will say, I was chasing any possible source of backlash at that time

More
08 Sep 2020 11:00 #181237 by BeagleBrainz
Yeah the cheap helical ones wind up and aren't really worth it.

I forget where I got my oldham type couples from but the weren't exactly cheap. For some reason my machine keeps pretty good tolerances, when I made my new motor mounting plate the size was spot on.....the flange on the motor will only fit if it goes in bang on square to the mounting plate, I was aiming for 80.020mm.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds