A request for those that have issues.

More
20 Sep 2020 13:56 - 24 Sep 2020 23:19 #182905 by BeagleBrainz
When posting about problems either installation, running linuxcnc or trying to download a file from a link, could you be so kind as to provide any error message, pop up window or the sort.

Posting ABC doesn't work. There are many reason this behaviour could occur. Unfortunately none of the forum members, as far as I can ascertain are physic.

Many of us really want to help, but we really need your help as well.
If you honestly don't know what info to provide try I wanted to do ABC and tried XYZ but it wouldn't work and I'm not too sure what info to provide and then at least we have a start, it may be as simple as a syntax error you missed, or a misunderstanding of the command. Least we have a head start.

We do want to help, honestly but sometimes it feels like some people have signed a NDA with themselves and don't want tp give too much away.
Anyways keep smiling.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2020 23:19 by BeagleBrainz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2020 17:05 #184849 by tommylight
Valid points, for sure, sometimes it seems like the person asking for help found a cure for cancer so is hiding everything possible but ask for something like "what is malign", and that frankly makes no sense at all.

Instead of trying to explain the problem, try explaining what the end result should be, that makes it possible to have several options to choose from and pursue the one that looks simplest.
Posting some pictures helps, but do post pictures here, not on external websites. Videos also help a lot and these days all have cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeagleBrainz, my1987toyota

More
05 Oct 2020 22:57 #185015 by my1987toyota
Thanks for mentioning that I will try to keep that in mind the next time I run into an issue on my stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeagleBrainz

More
18 Mar 2024 13:49 #296200 by tommylight
Spam removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds