Has YouTube Run It's Course ???

More
27 May 2021 11:35 #210438 by my1987toyota

If your channels aren't super-popular, maybe something like MediaGoblin could do the trick? I.e. self-hosting.

I will definitely check into that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 12:17 #213964 by my1987toyota
For now I am keeping my YouTube channel. ( convenience ) That said I wonder what would happen if a bunch of people uploaded video's of
8 hour long watching paint dry video just to take up server space?

More
07 Jul 2021 13:23 #213970 by tommylight
They did, there is also a 24 hour pure black screen that got millions of views, makes you wonder .....
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
09 Jul 2021 01:59 #214059 by my1987toyota
Darn I'm not so original after all.

More
16 Aug 2021 13:54 #217885 by karenberys
I would like to know how I can download and convert videos from YouTube

More
16 Aug 2021 15:58 #217891 by robertspark

More
17 Aug 2021 17:27 - 29 Aug 2021 10:44 #218004 by karenberys
I suppose they do this as they want to make more money on just common people like we are. We are now in a “ CyberPunk” state as was mentioned, and the corporations rule not only the government but the whole world. Moreover, all the wars in recent 100 years including WW1 and WW2 were unleashed in their interests, the interests of getting more and more money and power, and as for me, the local conflicts ( or hotspots ) on the entire globe are still on the run only because of them. However, I wanted, as we started to talk about youtube restrictions, to recommend you to use different media services that allow you to download audio or video in different formats.It helps you watch videos not only from youtube but from any place on the internet without any restrictions

Last edit: 29 Aug 2021 10:44 by tommylight. Reason: Link removed

More
17 Aug 2021 18:55 #218008 by Grotius
Sinds a long time i do not use the word "google" anymore. I use the word "duckduck".

For Youtube i can only say they are discriminating their own "code of conduct". I am really not amused by several
actions youtube has done the last year. We need a good alternative platform.

More
29 Aug 2021 09:58 #219083 by aleksamc
As for me, Youtube can do what it wants with it's site. It's own property and if it gave some freedom for people to use it, this is only for making more to be engaged. As it does currently.
More over a lot of videos are old and their watching is fall down. But it still need to be there and nothing should be deleted from the server. It takes more money to keep it. It would be very pity if a lot of study videos could fall from this site.
So they decided to cover others people to earn money for them also to support that grate library of videos.

A lot of your thought are opposed to increase influence of corps. But look at this from other side: all Goverments are not effective, they take more and more loans and can't to earn more money then they are spent in previous year. I think it's very big disadvantage.
I'm from country where goverment was main driving force. And this country fell apart on small particles and a lot of people become "nobody".

More
29 Aug 2021 10:47 #219088 by tommylight
Deleted one post and edited another, spammers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Grotius

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds