Where and how did you learn to write code (mostly Python)

More
01 Feb 2022 20:28 #233738 by Jake
I am back to actually having some time to expand my knowledge of writing code.  I also have a couple small projects I would like to be able to get done, along with some little LCNC mods.  Where did you find a good resource for learning ? There are so many different resources out there, I just want to get a good start on this.  I can manage some simple things right now, adding more complicated functions, the order of the functions starts to get me in a bind.

One of them is to use one of the little Adafruit Trinket M0 for an archery sight light, should be super easy. Use the on board RGB LED and have one input change color, and a second input change the light intensity when the input is touched and held cycle from 10% to 100% and repeat.  Also time off after an hour of it being on.  There are a couple more indepth projects I want to do it monitor energy usage on a handful of circuits in the house and improve my generator interface with the house.  (currently using a old PLC that was scavenged from an upgrade project.) It works, but the interface sucks.  And I had another IO card die the last week.  Old Allen Bradley PLC 5 that is well past its expected life. 

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2022 09:00 #233781 by rodw
The best python course I know of is the one by Google.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake

More
02 Feb 2022 12:25 #233790 by Jake
Thanks Rod, I will check that one out

More
11 Apr 2023 13:05 #268820 by gulshan212
Thanks a lot for sharing it with us.
Well, to learn Python I followed many things which includes online courses, books, YouTube tutorials, practice coding, attend workshops and meetups. One thing that is imprtant is to keep in mind that learning to code is a never-ending process that takes time, practice, and persistence. You can achieve your coding goals and become proficient in Python programming with consistent effort.
Thanks

More
13 Apr 2023 12:19 #268968 by JT
Wow an AB PLC 5 now that's old... so old I don't even have any bits from one in my bin. I still have a bunch of SLC500 cards but for new work a Click is hard to beat.

The best way to learn any language is to program something you need.

I keep all my Python snippets on my github repo
github.com/jethornton/python3

If your doing stuff with PyQt I keep all my snippets here
github.com/jethornton/pyqt5

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
20 Apr 2023 09:48 #269477 by my1987toyota
I am still very much new myself but like with a lot of things I have found nothing gets you up to speed like hands on, after that
then it's search till you find a functional code and blend it to your purpose. Try not to get caught in tutorial Hell. Lastly Shrug
off imposter syndrome, Every coder is perpetually learning.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds