This is why we should not have Discord ! (video)

More
23 Feb 2022 23:15 #235665 by tommylight
This does explain about 10% of what actually goes on @discord, besides selling all user info to anyone and everyone, just google discord parent company and open their main page, it is there on the main page that they sell 28 data points for every user (well that was two years ago when i checked as someone here insisted we should have a discord).
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2022 01:42 #235671 by JohnnyCNC
Just saw that video earlier this evening. A site to stay away from for sure.

More
24 Feb 2022 02:11 - 24 Feb 2022 02:13 #235673 by Aaroncnc
So that kind of seems like a nothing burger of a video.

It boils down to dont click links from strangers.

"look how much malware is stored on their cdn!!!! omg its crazy "
Yea do you have any idea how much is stored on things like rapid share and mega upload and i dont know all other p2p and torrent sites?

This is nothing new.
It just showing spammers and bots will send bad link on any platform they can.

Nothing stops a scammer from making or buying a bot and targeting IRC or a forum or news group.

Do i wish discord might bring about better tools to slow them down?
Yes but the reality is any platform that gets big enough will have 100-1000x times people working against it that its a one sided fight OR turns the user experience into such a pain and convoluted that the platform dies.

Even google drive does its best to scan file but often times if it is to large or encrypted google will say it was unable to virus scan and to be careful.

So if google cant even protect there CDN/Cloud sharing of files does one think discord magically solve the internets oldest problem of bad actors?
Last edit: 24 Feb 2022 02:13 by Aaroncnc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds