Favorite / Popular Mice

More
03 Apr 2022 00:14 #239117 by my1987toyota
So to be clear no I don't mean the animal. LOL  Axis is designed to be used with a keyboard and mouse. I do tend to
favor the Logitech Trackman T-BB18 Wired mouse for CAD/CAM at work  or the Logitech M570 wireless for home.
Great for systems that double as the multi-media / work station at home with a nice size (40") screen.
However a cnc machine brings a different set of challenges. I have the machines at work using the logitech 
Trackball Marble but I obviously have to clean them every so often due to debris .
That said sooner or later the supply of good used or easily repairable wired Trackman's and Trackball's
will run out so I am keeping my ears open to reputable replacements. For both CNC and CAD/CAM.

What mice do my fellow CNCer's Like, dislike or recommend Track ball and/or other?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2022 00:51 #239120 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Favorite / Popular Mice
I use still some old Logitech's i bought back in 2004-2005, they still work perfectly, but the grippy part got mushy and sticky so i removed it. MX700 had some issues after 2 years, it became unusable.
Had a Razer Death Adder, had issues from day one, it would send a "back" command every time i lift it of the table slightly, so i ripped the buttons out and threw it.
Microsoft has good mice ..... leme go behind the barn and shoot myself for saying that, but it is true, they are good.
Genius are also good, well very good for the money. No issues ever, last for several years of daily beating.
I had a gaming center, so this is from that experience.
As for the animal, you already read my post! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
03 Apr 2022 03:15 #239123 by scotth
Replied by scotth on topic Favorite / Popular Mice
If you have been using the Trackman look at the Elecom Huge on Amazon.
I have the wireless and wired version, both work well. I'm only using the wired version with Linux now.

More
03 Apr 2022 03:23 #239124 by scotth
Replied by scotth on topic Favorite / Popular Mice
The Huge has about the same size ball as the FX, and it also has a scroll wheel.
I got tired of looking for old trackballs on eBay and paying more for it than a new one.

More
03 Apr 2022 05:45 #239126 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic Favorite / Popular Mice
I used to use the Microsoft trackball mice.

I now use the elecom DEFT, I have a few wireless ones (work laptop, I use cad daily, and personal laptop and tablet).

I don't use anything wireless for my CNC PC .... so I've got a wired elecom DEFT one for that which runs on Linux (obviously) just fine.

www.google.com/search?q=elecom+deft&oq=e...imgrc=e0S3r3yLgEwxLM

they are made in Japan and are not cheap ... but work very well and I have no rsi from hours of use with cad

www2.elecom.co.jp/peripheral/trackball/?...gory=client-personal

More
03 Apr 2022 10:42 #239152 by my1987toyota

scotth post=239124 userid=27960The Huge has about the same size ball as the FX, and it also has a scroll wheel.
I got tired of looking for old trackballs on eBay and paying more for it than a new one.

My problem is I usually have to replace the switches and they didn't build them with high quality FR4. From what I can tell
they used one sided phenolic circuit boards ( easy to damage de-soldering parts ). But I guess they didn't want people
repairing them. HA HA, they don't know me well do they.

More
03 Apr 2022 13:24 #239171 by my1987toyota
I generally prefer a wired Keyboard and mouse. My only exception is my home system. The tower is too far away from the screen to be practicle
with wired equipment (save an HDMI cable).

More
03 Apr 2022 13:59 #239173 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Favorite / Popular Mice
This is my daily driver, what did you say about cables???? :)
Attachments:

More
03 Apr 2022 15:20 - 03 Apr 2022 15:21 #239179 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic Favorite / Popular Mice
you'll need a pair of these with that setup

Last edit: 03 Apr 2022 15:21 by robertspark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, my1987toyota

More
03 Apr 2022 15:44 #239183 by my1987toyota
For a second their Tommy I thought you were going to say you needed more fans. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds