New CNC Mill, Expert LinuxCNC person wanted for new VMC Project.

More
25 May 2017 16:32 #93623 by KoenigCNC
Hello All

i am in the process of building a new CNC Mill, and I am interested in using LinuxCNC to ruin it. Attached is a picture of the new mill.

It will feature a 20 HJP Servo Driven Spindle, Tool changer, Full enclosure all the features of a Modern VMC. I am looking for someone who can do the control side of this build. This is a compensated position. Payment can be in the form of a one time cash amount, A complete machine frame ready for a control or a ongoing royalty on each machine sold. It is open to negotiation.

You part will be to create a material list of the parts necessary to make this work, Put them together and install on the new frame. My goal is to have a new VMC that is configured from scratch to use LinuxCNC. After successful run off the new machine design will be available as a completed VMC or in Kit form at a lower cost allowing people to buy all or part of the new machine. For example to save money a person could buy just the pre machined Frame and supply all the rest of the need parts to finish the build or they could buy the frame and linear motion parts or buy all the parts and assemble everything on their own. Much like how you would build a Kit Airplane or Car.

By Pre machining all the parts and allowing end users to assemble I will be able to offer a great machine at an affordable price.

So anyone out there who is up to the task of configuring a control like this and is ready to get started please reply. The frame has already been started and I have in house the ability to produce and machine all the parts necessary for this project to succeed.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2017 22:54 #93643 by tommylight
By the user name i assume you are in Germany, or Austria or..... near.
I like your idea very much as i have spent last 6 years to find someone who can do that type of mechanical work.
I can do all of the above easily, and the kit option is very nice.
PM for further details.
Regards,
Tom

More
26 May 2017 16:01 #93669 by andypugh

That might mean that STMBL is a good choice for servo drive, making the interface part modular and easy too (smart-serial all the way)

More
26 May 2017 21:33 #93688 by tommylight

That might mean that STMBL is a good choice for servo drive, making the interface part modular and easy too (smart-serial all the way)

Hmmm..... i wonder..... :)

More
26 May 2017 22:37 #93690 by rodw
I would like to endorse Tommy for this project. He definitely is highly qualified to deliver the goods for you. So when you can get one of these to Australia, with or without the electronics, please let me know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 May 2017 18:27 #93714 by KoenigCNC
Hi

Will do I am building the first three frames, I will have some more info posted once I finalize the parts and the assembly procedure. Thanks you for taking a look. I will be posting some additional pictures as I progress

More
17 Feb 2019 00:18 #126633 by KoenigCNC
Hi Tom

Hope all is well I am making progress on my builds. I have movement on my Gantry that I build to do the machine work on my new design .. I have 4 frames built and hope to start machining next week The spindle drive for the gantry is finally here hooking it up Monday. Still have to calibrate the axis and do some tuning but it does move.

I am still very interested in getting a machine going with linux. if you have time and are still interested let me know.

Thanks

Chuck
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno

More
17 Feb 2019 00:33 #126638 by tommylight
The video title is "gantry mill/3d printer" !!!
That is one big 3D printer! :)
Yeah, i am still around.

More
17 Feb 2019 01:32 #126641 by rodw
Wow! thats a bit bigger than your original one you posted...

More
17 Feb 2019 01:52 #126643 by Leon82
It sounds like you are using that big machine to machine your other machines?

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds