New CNC Mill, Expert LinuxCNC person wanted for new VMC Project.

More
06 Mar 2019 17:42 #127903 by KoenigCNC
Hi Tommy. For a complete Frame, Base Risers, Bridge Z axis, completely machined, stress relieved drilled and tapped ready mount ball-screws and linear rails along with drawings required for assembly around $20,000 I will make available the ballscrews, tool changers, Linear guides, spindle, enclosure, chip augers and all the other parts. I will also make available drawing for the parts in case someone can acquire the parts for less than I can get them for. Ball-screws I use are Ground, Linear rails are 45mm Precision. It intended to be an industrial quality machine comparable to other VMC in the marketplace.

Once of the biggest challenges to building a machine like this is building and machining the frame sourcing the parts and doing it at a reasonable price. I would it to cost about 40% less than a comparable machine sold. The savings is in using the Linuxcnc control and assembling the parts by the end user. Much like building a Kit Airplane.

I have a source for Yaskawa, Delta and other Servos and Drives.

First 3 frames will be ready ion about 30 days. I am making test cuts today on my gantry. Just did a 24 hour run off with no alarms. Today I am doing a 24 Hour test cut program.

I still have a lot of loose ends to tie up but its looking good
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 12:56 #127968 by pl7i92
i got some problem with theis Gantry setup you choosen
as there are all rotation axis in the Z
this loses alot of space and need bigger mashine
insted using a XC setup and a Z,BAxis at the Gantry moving on Y railing

this gives the full space and only ads the toollength to the Rotation Table Diameter

Best to go for

More
07 Mar 2019 16:31 #127997 by KoenigCNC
Hi, Which machine? My new mill is a Bridge Mill not a Gantry. It has 40 x 40 x 30 inches of travel. My Big Gantry has 150 x 72 x 60 with 6 Feet under the Bridge With the new mill the Y axis is the Table and the x and z or on the Bridge. I one or two axis rotary table could be fitted on the table to allow 4 or 5 axis machine work. I have several other small machine designs I am working on also Small bridge type machine. Getting more Y axis travel in a small footprint is the goal.

More
07 Mar 2019 16:38 #127999 by pl7i92
Ich meinte diese Hier
forum.linuxcnc.org/54-user-exchange/3283...ject?start=10#126720

der Kopf soll ja um das werkstück da ist nicht viel platz bei einem 300mm langen Fräser

bei einem Dehtisch wäre in der Längsrichtung massig platz

More
07 Mar 2019 16:56 #128003 by KoenigCNC
That was the last Gantry I built it was designed to be a five axis to make tooling for large molded parts it needed to get around all sides of the tool. The new gantry pictured is a 3 axis built for the sole purpose of machine all the parts for my new smaller machine it just 3 axis but it will have 50 Plus inches of travel in the z to be able to machine the riser of the new machine.It does have 72 inches under the Bridge. On this machine the Gantry(bridge) moves and my new small machine the Table moves in the Y axis.
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2019 11:28 #128075 by pl7i92

More
08 Mar 2019 13:14 - 08 Mar 2019 13:15 #128078 by andypugh
For your next machine, maybe something like this (attached PDF file)

"It features an X-axis travel
of 12m, a W-axis travel (vertical movement of
the cross-beam carried by the two columns) of
2.5m, a Y-axis travel (spindle movement along
the cross-beam) of 7.5m, and a ram stroke (Zaxis) of 1.5m. Moreover, with its German-built
Cytec head, this machine offers a full five-axis
simultaneous-machining capability. "
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2019 13:15 by andypugh.

More
08 Mar 2019 15:52 #128086 by KoenigCNC
Nice Machine I am building a simpler version of a two axis head. Not as nice but much less expensive. Machine like the one you posted are amazing. I think I might need to get some help as I work alone building my small machine.
Attachments:

More
08 Mar 2019 15:58 - 08 Mar 2019 15:58 #128087 by KoenigCNC
Here is one I was working on before the recession of 2008 Hit, The machine was started then canceled when the company I was building it for lost the contract they were getting the machine for. Now its just smaller machine for me. But it would have been a cool machine to build.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2019 15:58 by KoenigCNC. Reason: Typo

More
08 Mar 2019 22:52 #128114 by tommylight
Like a kid in a candy shop ! :)
Nice and big and........

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds