patch EMC2

More
22 Oct 2009 08:05 #1016 by vincent
patch EMC2 was created by vincent
I want to patch the EMC with a .patch file, but I don't know how to start! should I use some tools? or just use the terminal? :laugh: please help~with my great appreciate~~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2009 07:24 #1020 by vincent
Replied by vincent on topic Re:patch EMC2
PS: I have read the NURBS algorithm, and I want to make my algorithm available in EMC2, and I have re-write some of the source codes. what can I do?

More
24 Oct 2009 22:51 #1027 by mozmck
Replied by mozmck on topic Re:patch EMC2
Hi Vincent, you're really probably best off asking some of these questions on IRC. The channels are #emc and #emc-devel on freenode - you can get more information at the "Community" link at the top of this page.
That said, you'll probably want to use git to get the source for emc2.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Ins..._the_source_with_git
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Git

You can make changes and use git to create patches to send to the development mailing list. To patch emc2 with an existing .patch file you need to have the patch program installed, then read the man page to see how to use it.

Hope that points you in the right direction.
Moses

More
26 Oct 2009 01:19 #1032 by vincent
mozmck wrote:

Hi Vincent, you're really probably best off asking some of these questions on IRC. The channels are #emc and #emc-devel on freenode - you can get more information at the "Community" link at the top of this page.

You can make changes and use git to create patches to send to the development mailing list. To patch emc2 with an existing .patch file you need to have the patch program installed, then read the man page to see how to use it.

Moses

thank you, mozmck! I really appreciate your help, but something boring puts off my EMC study. maybe I have to stop and pick it up some days later~:(

More
04 Jan 2010 03:22 #1432 by vincent
mozmck wrote:

Moses

mozmck, i used to know that if i want to patch linux kernel, i just need to use "patch /.****" or something else, to patch the kernel. Can i use this method as well, to patch the EMC2 with a patch file???

More
04 Jan 2010 16:24 #1440 by mozmck
Replied by mozmck on topic Re:patch EMC2
Yes you use the same method for any patch file. If the EMC2 revision is not the same one the patch was made against though, things may not work right.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds