Problem compiling simulator-EMC on OSX

More
12 Apr 2010 09:46 #2585 by daniel79
Hi!

I'm using EMC for a few weeks on a dedicated PC next to my cnc-mill. But as I'm using a macbook for drawing my CAD-Files and creating my G-code I often had that problem that when loading the created nc-file in emc it was not completely as i wanted it to be.

So I'm trying to compile axis/emc on my mac to use it for checking my nc-files before going/driving to my mill.

I just downloaded the emc 2.3.5 sources from sourceforge and just tryed to run
./configure --enable-run-in-place --enable-simulator

I had to install a lot of additional stuff (GTK, python2.6, ActiveTcl8.5, pth2.0.7) but them came the following lines
checking GL/gl.h usability... no
checking GL/gl.h presence... no
checking for GL/gl.h... no
configure: error: Required OpenGL header missing.  Install it, or specify --disable-python to skip the parts of emc2 that depend on Python

I tried installing PyOpenGL 3.0.1 but this didn't solve the Problem. Whats wrong here? Where can I get those missing header Files?

I hope you can help me

Greets
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2010 17:38 #2649 by andreas59
Usually the header files are not in the main package. They resides normally in extra packages tahat are named like packagename.devel

Hope it helps.

Andreas.

• Dan Falck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Jun 2010 17:28 #3179 by Dan Falck
Replied by Dan Falck on topic Re:Problem compiling simulator-EMC on OSX
Did you get anywhere with this?
Thanks,
Dan

More
19 Jun 2010 23:01 #3180 by BigJohnT
Is there a VirtualBox for the Mac?

JT

• Dan Falck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Jun 2010 14:39 #3186 by Dan Falck
Replied by Dan Falck on topic Re:Problem compiling simulator-EMC on OSX
regarding Vbox- Yes there is. I've used it to run a Ubuntu client with emc/axis. It just ends up running very slow.
About a year ago, I started to compile the emc source on this Mac, but ran into a bunch of problems. I ended up getting a version of the RS274 interpreter compiled and have actually used it for some stuff related to backplotting g-code on OS X. I tied the interpreter into my commercial CAD program (Ashlar Graphite) with some Graphite scripting to be able to see toolpaths in a static drawing.

More
21 Jun 2010 08:04 #3188 by daniel79
Hi!

I didn't try any further after running into the problems of missing headers etc. I installed the livecd into a VM (the actual Virtualbox) and for me this runs quite good.

Greets
Daniel

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds