LinuxCNC 2.5.0 - Hash/MD5 error while update 2.5.2

More
06 Jun 2013 13:50 - 06 Jun 2013 13:52 #35315 by hardware_crash
Hey Guys,

I´m having troubles while updatin linuxcnc from 2.5.0 to the actual version 2.5.2

I go to Synaptic package manager and choose the update to 2.5.2 but while downloading the necessary file for the new version it stops whith the error : hash incorrect. This also happens when i try to install the german linuxcnc documentation...

I tried the same way on an other pc and there came the same results : hash error.

Do you know how to go on or whats the problem? maybe im not alone with this error

Sincerely yours
Lukas
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 13:52 by hardware_crash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 15:30 #35317 by ArcEye
Hi

I can't test the upgrade to 2.5.2 because I am already running it and didn't want to risk screwing it up by removing and reloading

I did try the German documentation however and can confirm there is a problem with the hash sum and what is the expected hash sum.

W: Failed to fetch linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/linuxcnc2.5/bin...doc-de_2.5.2_all.deb
Hash Sum mismatch

I'll try to dig a bit deeper

regards

More
06 Jun 2013 16:29 - 06 Jun 2013 16:41 #35320 by ArcEye
Hi

Yes there is a problem with that particular set of debs

I did a re-install of linuxcnc, because that would fail before deleting anything, and got

W: Failed to fetch linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/linuxcnc2.5/bin...uxcnc_2.5.2_i386.deb
Hash Sum mismatch

The answer for now is to download
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/v2.5_b...34.gfb4e71e_i386.deb

Then from a terminal cd to the directory containing those debs and run
sudo apt-get remove linuxcnc

sudo dpkg -i linuxcnc_2.5.2.234.gfb4e71e_i386.deb
(you will be asked if you want to replace the installed realtime with new one, just say no unless you had any problems)
then
sudo dpkg -i linuxcnc-dev_2.5.2.234.gfb4e71e_i386.deb

Note however that when Linuxcnc displays it will show version 2.5.1
This is a minor bug with 2.5.2, so just make sure you don't already have 2.5.2 but think it is 2.5.1 before you start!

I will submit a bug report re those hash sums

regards

Bug report
sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid..._id=6744&atid=106744
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 16:41 by ArcEye.

More
06 Jun 2013 18:12 #35326 by BigJohnT

Hey Guys,

I´m having troubles while updatin linuxcnc from 2.5.0 to the actual version 2.5.2

I go to Synaptic package manager and choose the update to 2.5.2 but while downloading the necessary file for the new version it stops whith the error : hash incorrect. This also happens when i try to install the german linuxcnc documentation...

I tried the same way on an other pc and there came the same results : hash error.

Do you know how to go on or whats the problem? maybe im not alone with this error

Sincerely yours
Lukas

There is no German documentation, I know it looks like there is but it is not translated so it is a waste of your time to try and get it.

You can see for yourself if you like the online docs are the same as the installed docs.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/index_de.html

JT

More
06 Jun 2013 19:34 - 06 Jun 2013 19:36 #35339 by hardware_crash

Hi

Yes there is a problem with that particular set of debs

I did a re-install of linuxcnc, because that would fail before deleting anything, and got

W: Failed to fetch linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/linuxcnc2.5/bin...uxcnc_2.5.2_i386.deb
Hash Sum mismatch

The answer for now is to download

Then from a terminal cd to the directory containing those debs and run
sudo apt-get remove linuxcnc

sudo dpkg -i linuxcnc_2.5.2.234.gfb4e71e_i386.deb
(you will be asked if you want to replace the installed realtime with new one, just say no unless you had any problems)
then
sudo dpkg -i linuxcnc-dev_2.5.2.234.gfb4e71e_i386.deb

Note however that when Linuxcnc displays it will show version 2.5.1
This is a minor bug with 2.5.2, so just make sure you don't already have 2.5.2 but think it is 2.5.1 before you start!

I will submit a bug report re those hash sums

regards

Bug report
sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid..._id=6744&atid=106744

Dear ArcEye

I tried to download the . deb files you posted but there is again an error that the files cant be downloaded :(

Seems that the buildbot server is currently down because i get an server time out

regards

Lukas
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 19:36 by hardware_crash.

More
06 Jun 2013 21:50 #35345 by ArcEye
Hi

There does seem to be a problem with the server currently, having great difficulty going anywhere on the Linuxcnc site.

Try going to buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/v2.5_branch-rt/binary-i386/ and selecting the packages manually, I have just done that and downloaded them again.
The docs are there too, but apparently they won't help you much :laugh:

No wonder all the Germans on the forum seem to speak such good english!

regards

More
07 Jun 2013 01:19 #35357 by hardware_crash

Hi

There does seem to be a problem with the server currently, having great difficulty going anywhere on the Linuxcnc site.

Try going to buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/lucid/v2.5_branch-rt/binary-i386/ and selecting the packages manually, I have just done that and downloaded them again.
The docs are there too, but apparently they won't help you much :laugh:

No wonder all the Germans on the forum seem to speak such good english!

regards

Dear ArcEye,

Seems that the server is running now !

I was able to downloaded the files this time without any error and installed them with the terminal program.

the Synaptic file manager update does not work till now..

thanks for your help ;)

english is very important in this area as there isn´t much information to find in german :laugh:

regards
Lukas

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds