Updated yesterday, now everything moves real slow!

More
05 Jan 2015 01:56 #54554 by subnoize
I have been working on my fuselage for months now and so I returned to do some machining last night and updated to 2.6. The linuxcnc logo performed as desired and so I loaded the new code for the process and did the work piece offset and hit go... and the machine placed the end mill right at the offset and was moving very slowly like a 1/8th step a second kind of slow.

At first I thought I screwed up something in CAM. I had to blow my Windows 8 Pro away to get 8.1 Pro to run many months ago so I had to re-install my CAM software. I forgot to back the CAM configs up so that was the logical place to look.

Hours later, still no luck. I then took out a old file I know runs fine and loaded it and hit the start button and the end mill did a rapid to the work offsets and started the 1/8th step per second thing again.

Did something change that I am missing? I checked the stepconf and everything "looks good" and the LinuxCNC logo file runs like a champ but none of my older files!

Anyone have an idea what I am missing?

I've included two files to help. One, BigJ was the test piece from last night. test-jb-3d-V11.ngc ran with mistakes (as in pilot error) but it ran just fine back in June 2014, which sadly was the last time I ran my mill.

Thanks,

jb
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2015 05:21 #54557 by newbynobi
F2.5 and no G20 or G21,

Must be slow with F2.5

Are you in metric, instead of imperial?

Norbert

More
05 Jan 2015 05:50 #54559 by subnoize
I had it set up for imperial.

I was intending it to do 2.5 ipm at first as I got everything setup. Kind of a safety measure to keep from breaking a $30 end mill while getting back into the swing of things.

That said, its really going VERY slow. Much slower that 2.5 inches per minute i wanted. The old file was at nearly the same rate and it ran just great back last year.

-jb

More
05 Jan 2015 06:31 #54561 by subnoize
OK, i figured out what i was doing wrong! Whew! been away for too long! I was using the ISO metric post processor for the wrong machine.

Thanks for your help anyways! It was you question that made me go back and check the G code and that is when I realized what was going on. so, you did help!

--jb

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds