Installation completed, but couldn't start CNC

More
05 Jan 2015 18:37 #54567 by Immi90
Hey Guys,
I did the installation for Linux CNC on my raspberry pi and wanted to start it, but I got an Error Message and the program didn't start. Maybe you guys know the reason, I attached the Error Message.

Thanks,
Immi

File Attachment:

File Name: Fehlermeldung.doc
File Size:15 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2015 20:25 - 05 Jan 2015 20:31 #54570 by ArcEye
Hi

You do not appear to be running Linuxcnc, looks like MachineKit with a Xenomai kernel on ARM

MK is forked from Linuxcnc, so it still says Linuxcnc in lots of places.

standard_pinout4.hal:5: /usr/libexec/linuxcnc/rtapi_app_xenomai exited without becoming ready
standard_pinout4.hal:5: insmod failed, returned -1

You need to address your query to MK

groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/machinekit

If you are using Linuxcnc, need to say what it was you installed and from where, it is not any sort of standard install, because Linuxcnc does not support Xenomai

regards
Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 20:31 by ArcEye.

More
15 Jan 2015 21:15 #55026 by Immi90
Hey,
thanks for the fast answer! Had a lot of things to do lately, so I couldn't write back until now. I didn't know that there is an other program called MachineKit which is quiete similar. I just tried an image I found on google. The thing is I want to control a milling machine. Until know I used LinuxCNC on a computer with a LiveCD, which worked fine. Now, I want to do the same with a Raspberry PI. The thing is I can't manage to install LinuxCNC on the raspberry pi. Tried it for some weeks now. The problem is that I don't have much IT and programming skills. I found out that I have to configure the kernel, so that it's a real time kernel and then install LinuxCNC somehow. I already found a kind of tutorial from this site, but I couldn't make it work.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Installing_EMC2

Isn't there an image or an iso file for a Debian based LinuxCNC?

More
15 Jan 2015 22:24 #55029 by ArcEye
Hi

There is this thread, but can't remember if it ever came to a conclusion
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...erry-pi?limitstart=0

You do need to go to the MK forum.
They will have an image for a SD card that will probably run on the Pi

However, you are really wasting your time. None of them use the Pi because it is low power and limited IO, it was meant for media rendering etc, hence the HDMI.

It might be interesting, but really all you are doing is spending a lot of time and effort trying to make it run for the sake of it. The humblest desktop will beat it hands down.

Just my opinion, feel free to ignore it.

regards

More
15 Jan 2015 22:42 #55030 by Immi90
Thanks so far ArcEye,
also thank you for your opinion to the raspberry pi. I doesn't have to be on a raspberry pi, I just tried it first, because I had one. The idea behind it is to control a milling machine without carrying a laptop or computer. So that you have the milling machine and your mini computer and you can just plug it into a monitor and use it.
Maybe you know another mini computer like raspberry pi, which has more power and is easier to use with LinuxCnc, which I can use instead?

Thanks a lot,
Immi

More
15 Jan 2015 22:57 - 15 Jan 2015 23:00 #55032 by ArcEye

Maybe you know another mini computer like raspberry pi, which has more power and is easier to use with LinuxCnc, which I can use instead?

You cannot easily use Linuxcnc with any of them, because ARM is not supported. It would mean building everything yourself from sources and a lot of knowledge besides.

You can use Machinekit

BeagleBoneBlack is what most of the Machinekit reprap crowd use.

They have custom ARM SD card images made for the BBB and lots of experience using them

www.machinekit.io

groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/machinekit

regards

PS
I see you have just posted on the MK forum re the Pi

Look at the main site address for what is available and how to download re the BBB first
Last edit: 15 Jan 2015 23:00 by ArcEye.

More
15 Jan 2015 23:00 #55033 by Immi90
Ok, thanks!! I will give MK and BeagleBone a try ;)

Tanks,
Immi

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds