Installation of LinuxCNC

More
16 Jul 2015 21:46 #60654 by maranatha
I just installed linuxCNC 2.6 on my new desktop computer to run v90 machine. i have tried configuring it with my formal set up i used for ubuntu (though it was ubuntu 6.2) on my old system which was working ( i meant that, i am using the set up configuration i used before since is still the same v90 machine) and after trying the same configuration with the new computer, yet it is not working.....please what can i do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2015 17:34 #60674 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Installation of LinuxCNC
Ubuntu 6.2 would have had a very old version of EMC running on it. There have been changes since then that are covered in the upgrade path on the wiki.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Without knowing your exact error this is the best I can do.

JT

More
09 Aug 2015 00:47 #61229 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Installation of LinuxCNC
I just finished installing LinuxCNC 2.6 from the live CD to working hardware and Ubuntu 10.4, LinuxCNC v.2.5 (was running 2.6pre rc 2 or 3) on a Foxconn/AMD motherboard with integrated video. It worked fine before, but ran into timing errors with the new install. Added a video card and all seems to run just fine.

I just thought it was interesting that I needed a video card. Thanks to all who make these releases possible and the help along the way!!

Paul

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds