2.7.0-pre7 And THCUD Module Problem

More
20 Aug 2015 17:25 #61574 by Paul
Hello,

I have been running a plasma table using the thcud setup. I recently installed the latest Debian Wheezy LinuxCNC 2.6 livedvd. All went well except first running LinuxCNC using the thcud config gave the error:

8postgui.hal:3: Pin 'thcud.current-offset' does not exist

So, I then ran the command:

sudo comp --install thcud.comp

and that took care of the error as I was able to run the table.

Yesterday, I upgraded this setup to LinuxCNC 2.7.0-pre7 using the instructions found here:

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/getting-start...e_to_the_new_version

After this upgrade went well, running the thcud setup gave the same error as before, so I went to install the thcud module, but got the error:

sudo: comp: command not found

I made sure I had the latest linuxcnc-dev. What did I do wrong? Any direction-pointing appreciated. Thank you.

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2015 18:37 #61582 by andypugh

sudo: comp: command not found

We changed the name of "comp" to "halcompile"

The reason for this is something that you might have seen, when you try to run "comp" and it isn't installed there is a helpful suggestion to install some mail pacage or other. If you do that, then you will never get LinuxCNC "comp" to work. Even without that, having a HAL component called comp and a compiler called comp was confusing (sudo comp --install comp.comp.....)

So, from now on you need to use sudo halcompile..... Everything else stays the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul, jtc

More
20 Aug 2015 18:55 #61583 by Paul
Thank you Andy. That took care of it. Don't know what I would do without all the help on here!

Paul

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds