HELP!? Reinstalled - No OpenGL and Axis wont work

More
21 May 2010 19:56 #2957 by michaelgjones
I installed 2.2 a year or so ago, and it worked just perfectly without much tinkering (if any). Open GL worked, Axis Worked.. Everything just.. well.. Worked. I had recently updated to 2.3.. and everything still worked.

I had the bright idea to move some monitors around in my shop. Everything worked just fine with the other monitor (a 15" LCD that I moved to the server rack).. but not the new one (A 15" CRT that supports even higher resolutions.. i.e. more real estate on the screen for the GUI. )

I installed the new monitor, and could not get the resolution back up to 1024x768.. so in my efforts to GET it to work I completely messed up the system.

I reinstalled 2.3 from the EMC ISO and then OpenGL would not work and neither would Axis (GLX is not available).

I reinstalled from the Ubuntu 8.04 distribution, and then added the NVIDIA drivers which failed to work after installing the real time kernel... I failed back to the NV drivers which I can't get to support OpenGL.

Is there something I need to set up in the xorg.conf file in order to load GLX? Do I need to custom compile the NVIDIA drivers to support the real time kernel?

My CNC machine is now sitting dormant (I have a couple of projects I need to do) and I need help.

Any instructions/ideas would be appreciated!?

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2010 03:35 #2975 by michaelgjones
OK.. I was able to get OpenGL to load, as well as axis by removing ALL of the NVIDIA proprietary driver files..

Now I have no sound.. can't win..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds