New to LinuxCNC needs some help

More
26 Oct 2015 19:16 #64284 by tecno
Hi,

I am new to Linux/LinuxCNC so please be nice to this old fart that wants to learn. Have been running Mach since early Mach2 and retrofitted several machines.

Here a link to not so updated web 93x57r.se/tecno-cnc/CNC%20menu.html but I will try to get it up-to-date ;)

So my plan is to rebuild my lathe from steppers and VFD controlled 3-phase motor to a modern servo controlled lathe.
Z and X axis will get new AC Servos 1kW 2500rpm/2500ppr and also Spindle will be AC Servo 3.8kW 2500rpm/2500ppr with brake.

Now I need some help to get my PC box running. Have new installed 2.7.1 on SSD

Mesa boards that I have are 7i90HD + 7i48, to my knowledge the 7i90HD is not flashed (downloaded support software for 7i90HD)
AS I understand these 2 boards will work for what I need.

Z , X, Spindle with encoders
C (future option)
ATC (Future option)
= 5 servo driven axis

I/O
Flood Coolant
Charge Pump
"totem pole" with 4 lights
Enable switch = Axis/Spindle enabled only when chuck key is in it's holder.
maybe a few more I/O's depending on ATC solution and also MPG is on the wish list.

So how do I get this set running, here I really need some help as I no nothing about LinuxCNC.

1. How do I flash the 7i90HD that is powered with 5VDC and plugged into Pport on the PC?

2. There is a .ini file in the 7i90HD folder for 7i90, is this to be flashed or something else?
What tool to use for flashing? In this folder 2 files flashmesa and flashmesa3 = how to get these 'working' ? Are these files packed if so what tool to unpack with?

3. Next step is to get appropriate files in place = how do I do this

I think this will be enough for me to get started, sure more questions will arise.

I would be very thankful if somebody can help me get started.

Cheers from Sweden
Bengt
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2015 19:28 #64285 by cncbasher
contact me off list and we can work through what you need

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds