Mouse buttons not working properly

More
29 Dec 2015 16:14 - 29 Dec 2015 16:22 #67458 by Einar
I installed 2.7 to hard disk.
I can scoot around the screen with the mouse cursor. But after a couple of minutes there is no reaction to the mouse buttons!
Then after some time it will start responding again, but just for a short time.
At the moment it does react to the left mouse button by showing a square "ballon" with a hint when I click on one of the tabs in the menu at the top. But that is the only reaction I get.

I tried Microsoft mouse and Logitech mouse. Both are USB mice.
The same PC did run Linux before without problems. I believe Ubuntu 10.4, but I am not sure. That may also have been with a different mouse as I just grabbed a couple from the mouse nest.

How should I go about to solve the problem?

Edit: I just discovered it will react to clicking one of the items in the menu at the bottom. It will open the application, but mouse still not working inside that application!?
Last edit: 29 Dec 2015 16:22 by Einar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2015 22:49 #67470 by Einar
It was announced in the upper right corner that there were seventysomething updates to be had.
So my strategy was to win the race to the updates before the mouse went lame.
After a couple of misses I made it! And that seems to have cured it.
So there goes. If you encounter the same, shake loose and get ready for a mouse race! Hope you too will win.

Maybe I could have accomplished the same by uttering some magic words in a terminal window, but I'm no Linux sorcerer.

More
31 Dec 2015 21:48 #67617 by BigJohnT
I've installed 2.7 about 20 times in the past few weeks and I've never had a mouse issue. I finally settled on a Linux Mint distro with Mate desktop as the one I liked using the best.

JT

More
01 Jan 2016 23:43 #67668 by tommylight
I had that same problem on older hardware, and it does that only while the apt.xapian...something or another is active (usualy after you start the computer, it updates the search indexes and it is a pain in the a@#$# even on new hardware). After that finishes everything works like it should, but i did find how to disable that from starting since i could not have it running at will.
And i do agree with JT, Linux mint with Mate desktop is the best version of linux, all the rest has gone to c@#$% lately.
Regards,
Tom

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds