Trouble installing 2.7.3 "chroot /target dpkg"

More
06 Jan 2016 01:15 #67944 by adamj12b
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post.

I am trying to install the latest version of LinuxCNC on a dell Optiplex GX260 and have run into some trouble. First I was having graphics issues with the on board video card. I was able to see the live version, but the install was all scrambled. I installed an ATI card that fits the slim case of the GX260, and I am now able to see the install.

I tried to do the graphical install and it fails during the installing system section. I then went to the fail safe install and it failed at the same section. I tried again on the Install system option and got a few error messages that actually gave some details.

For a little more background, I did guided partitioning using the entire disk.

Here are a few pictures of the errors.
goo.gl/photos/iKXeR7DLavbdu2mT8

The next error message said to check console 4 to see the log so I switched over. Here is a shot of console 4.
goo.gl/photos/Z2xXbjBGX3H7DsKH7

From the looks of the log it is missing the description and architecture for debootstrap.

I did a bunch of googling and found a little bit of hints, but im not sure where to go from here.

This was the best thing I found that seemed to make sense.
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debootstrap/+bug/561339

2 weeks ago I tried installing on another machine, and had the installer stop at the same point, but never checked the log.

If anybody has any suggestions of what I can try, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2016 09:45 #67954 by cncbasher
i would suggest you download a new copy of the live cd , from the downloads section
and do a clean fresh install , what you show could suggest a bad download
you dont mention what ram your using , but i would suggest 4gig , with a minimum of 2
also your looking at ubuntu for solutions , the live cd uses debian wheesy , so you would be better looking at solutions relating to the correct version , in the future .

More
11 Jan 2016 13:19 #68180 by adamj12b
I downloaded the iso and re-burned it using a different machine. It now installed and is up and running.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Adam

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds