Homing/movement issue

More
26 May 2017 16:48 #93675 by Waltron45
Hello all, last year I began retrofitting a EMCO PC Mill 55 with the help of another fellow machinist who has also done the same. It has been a long journey, but I am still stuck at one point. When I hit home all, just the Z axis appears to go upwards, but only in LinuxCNC. No movement of the machine it's self. I was told that it sounds like it could be a limit switch issue, but after looking into it and discussing it with the individual who is helping me retrofit my CNC that it does not seem like a limit switch issue, but instead a completely diffierent problem, most likely with the computer itself. I have no idea where to even start looking for the problem. I will attempt to attach a picture of what I am talking about and what it looks like when I try and home the machine. Thank you for the help in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2017 17:33 #93681 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Homing/movement issue
This is nothing to do with the computer per se, so I have moved it.

If an axis moves in the display but not in actuality, steps are being generated but the axis is not powered or similar.

If an axis does not even move in the display, there are multiple possibilties.

Without your configs etc. we cannot even guess.

More
27 May 2017 09:20 - 27 May 2017 10:22 #93699 by dewayne
Replied by dewayne on topic Homing/movement issue
I had this problem yesterday, Axis moving on the display but nothing on the machine was moving. After looking at my HAL and INI file I discovered the problem was in the way I had the JOINT and the STEPGEN setup.. In my setup the Mesa 7i76 interface. Once the axis knows what the correct stepgen is to use it connected to the motors and started turning.

So for my case, It was fixed by Learning to Count from ZERO and now I understand the stepgen is a component that is connected. FOr me the funny part is I have Tandem Z axis and there fore it uses 2-StepGen.02 and StepGen.03 so axis A would come in as StepGen.04.

That was my problem and solution. But as ArcEye has said need to see the HAL and the INI file.

Cheers
Last edit: 27 May 2017 10:22 by dewayne.

More
30 May 2017 21:14 #93858 by Waltron45
Replied by Waltron45 on topic Homing/movement issue
I found the issue in the stepper drive enable pin was loose/ not tightened down all the way and was not sending the proper signals to the steppers to move, it works now though!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds