[solved] miltask 11 waiting for s.joints input.0.0.xx output.0.0.xx error

More
16 Jun 2017 21:09 - 17 Jun 2017 11:21 #94628 by bkt
I work araund these all these day ... first I found some strange error on mesa card (pcw has learn me that is because I have used an old version of mesaflash) after that I reinstalled everything i did to avoid any mistakes ... I also did the runtest successfully ... during the configuration only a few warnings (which I carry below) ... are on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 4.8.15 rt-10 and not I understand what happens ...

my "make" warning + runtest result:

Warning: Spoiler!

this my backtrace .... {my ptrace_scope file have only one row whit the number 1 printed on, only 1 without other}

this my terminal ...

any type of suggestion is apprpriate

regards
giorgio
Last edit: 17 Jun 2017 11:21 by bkt. Reason: ptrave value

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2017 22:46 #94634 by PCW
I just built the latest master and it works fine here under Mint18 (roughly equivalent to Ubuntu 16.04)
It works with older (3.18) and newer (4.9) Preempt-RT kernels

Can you show the exact command sequence you used to build and launch LinuxCNC?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
16 Jun 2017 23:25 - 16 Jun 2017 23:36 #94635 by bkt
for shure:
jo@jo:~$ rm -R /home/jo/linuxcnc-dev  /** or use nautilus instead terminal comman **/
jo@jo:~$ sudo apt-get purge linuxcnc* /**** for major security of deleting all regards linuxcnc***/
jo@jo:~$ git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
jo@jo:~$ cd linuxcnc-dev/src   /** from these point on these folder **/
jo@jo:~$ ./autogen.sh
jo@jo:~$ ./configure --with-realtime=uspace
jo@jo:~$ make
jo@jo:~$ sudo make setuid
jo@jo:~$  ../scripts/rip-environment
jo@jo:~$ runtests
jo@jo:~$ linuxcnc /*** if select sim all works ***/
jo@jo:~$ pncconf /**** not work properly and it said: no hostmot install on your pc using intrnal data instead .... or some of similar ***/

Sorry but only 20 minutes ago I was in front of the problem pc .... now I'm almost a prisoner of sleep .... But I'm glad to have your opinion on it ... for myself I would not know how to act now.

giorgio

not i used ckbuildependencies because it have use it six mount ago ....

my config is on linuxcnc-dev/configs .... sometings of wrong??

giorgio
Last edit: 16 Jun 2017 23:36 by bkt.

More
17 Jun 2017 11:17 #94640 by bkt
for max precision, today I work around these problem, so reinstall using these command:
jo@jo:~$ rm -R /home/jo/linuxcnc-dev  /** or use nautilus instead terminal comman **/
jo@jo:~$ sudo apt-get purge linuxcnc* /**** for major security of deleting all regards linuxcnc***/
jo@jo:~$ git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
jo@jo:~$ cd linuxcnc-dev/src   /** from these point on these folder **/
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev/src$ ./autogen.sh
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev/src$ ./configure --with-realtime=uspace
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev/src$ make clear  /**** for major security of deleting all regards previous make command (not necessary but ...)***/
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev/src$ make
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev/src$ sudo make setuid
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev/src$ cd ..
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev$ . scripts/rip-environments
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev$ runtests
jo@jo:~linuxcnc-dev$ linuxcnc /*** all works  ***/

But the solution is to have deleted the position.txt file from my installation ... I had already happened other times (rarely, maybe 2 times in 5 years) ... my original configuration was broken because electrical noise (some big spike) ... so I copied it to a bk, deleted from ssd and than copied again from bk to ssd .... but I forgot to delete position.txt .... so a disaster has happened .... At least now i can not use mesaflash2016 with the new .bit files because it does not write correctly on fpga .... little consolation .... a lot of work for nothing, I have reinstall linuxcnc more than 20 time for verify mesaflash2016 + s waiting error.

regards
giorgio

More
17 Jun 2017 11:22 #94641 by bkt
Update. I've change the title post because if use google or forum search is more likely to stumble in this.

giorgio

More
17 Jun 2017 12:15 - 17 Jun 2017 12:16 #94645 by PCW
Glad you solved the milltask issue.

Note that the problem with older versions of Mesaflash is not related to bit files at all.
it depends on whether the OS is 32 or 64 bit, older versions of mesaflash do not
work properly on 64 bit systems with PCI or PCIE cards.
Last edit: 17 Jun 2017 12:16 by PCW.

More
17 Jun 2017 15:45 - 17 Jun 2017 15:55 #94652 by bkt
Yes you are in right ....
As you said the 2 problem is not related ....
I just wanted to say that when these strange problems happen, just do some confusion (in my case the confusion was born from the fact that I did not know the differences between mesaflash2017 and the new) that everything becomes more problematic.

To your advantage I mean I use 5i25 and 7i77 for 2 years with great satisfaction .... among other things you have told me that my circuits suffer from disorders ... I did not understand well ... now I'm sure You were thinking about PC power problems.
And I change the title post of previous mine about mesaflash .... More adhering to the reality of the facts. My lack of knowledge of new release of mesaflash utility.

A great hug for your timely help.

(sorry not found a better emoticons than these)
giorgio
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jun 2017 15:55 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds