Maybe done before but I can't find it... Configuration with Mach3 into LinuxCNC

More
18 Jun 2017 05:30 #94675 by duckie
Hello all,
I'm a newbe when it comes to CNC and need some help.
I've got a supposedly valid Mach3 file for my Chinese 6040, 4 axis engraver. Originally a USB input but now a parallel input. I don't now have any software to drive it. I've been given a Mach3 fie by the company that re-built my control box with a G540 to replace the counterfeit control card and transformer. I can't get this to function with Mach3. Over complication and under understanding is my excuse.

I'd like to use LinuxCNC but I don't understand much of set up language. I will as I learn more but for now I'm struggling. When I import the Mach3 file it produces error messages that I haven't a clue what they mean, much less how to overcome them. I wonder if anyone has a working LinuxCNC configuration for one of these machines they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

I'm all metric - (maybe that's half my problem) maybe that's the errors I get trying to load the Mach3 file? The control box uses a 'nowandforever' vfd as well as the G540. Any help will be gratefully received. No matter what it is, it will be better than the struggle I'm having now. My PC is a HP i5 with a PCI parallel card on 1108. I have set that in LCNC

Thanks,
Duckie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2017 19:40 #94679 by Todd Zuercher
If your Mach3 config file doesn't work. Then using that config file to build a Linuxcnc config,is certainly not going to work in a similar manor.

Do you any idea what doesn't work in your Mach3 config? Does it totally not work at all, or just not work right?

I am afraid you may not know enough about your machine to be able to help us help you. You certainly have not given us enough details for us to tell you much of anything..

Please ask us specific detail questions, Such as "What does this error mean?" or "How do I change this setting?"

More
18 Jun 2017 23:23 #94684 by duckie
Thank you Todd,
I'll do some more investigation and either pay a technician to come and find the problem or come back and ask a specific question.

More
19 Jun 2017 01:05 #94686 by duckie
I found theproblem with Mach3 file. The config file came from a machine with a much larger bed than mine. When I checked the distance it was +10 what it actually travelled. Fixed that and saved the file. Now it imports into LinuxCNC. No need to ask any more questions. No need actually to be on this forum now that I think about it.

Good luck Todd,
Duckie

More
19 Jun 2017 01:44 #94687 by Todd Zuercher
Glad to hear it was a simple fix that you were able to figure out.

More
19 Jun 2017 08:03 - 19 Jun 2017 08:04 #94691 by grump

No need actually to be on this forum now that I think about it.

If you are using Linuxcnc there is every need to at least have this forum bookmarked and check in periodically.

So many handy tips and tricks in here.
Plus the benefits and satisfaction of helping others when you can, that's how these things progress and develop.
Share the knowledge and have a lot of fun.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2017 08:04 by grump.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds