SIngle Board Computer

More
05 Dec 2017 08:45 - 05 Dec 2017 08:49 #102692 by cnclanka
Hi! Forum,

After a long time watch and reading the forum I have finally come to the point to implement what I always wanted to do
Here it is

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Now I have selected the following as my Dev/Test platform base MiniPC
www.embeddedarm.com/blog/practical-guide...ed-with-the-ts-7970/

I was concerned about ETHERNET PORT driver support on the Board.
Following is the response I got from the Vendor
>>>>>
On Tue, 29 Aug at 10:13 AM , Technologic Systems Support Team <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:
Hi Ajith,

Ethercat later added support for all drivers in Linux.
"Since version 1.5, there is a generic Ethernet driver among the native ones, that spans all Ethernet devices supported by the Linux kernel. Although it is not usable with realtime patches like RTAI (because it uses the lower network stack layers), it runs perfectly with realtime preemption."

I'm aware of users on several of our boards using Ethercat with controllers that are not listed in that table.

The TS-7970 comes preinstalled with Debian, and that includes a toolchain onboard. Debian provides cross compilers with their distribution which is documented in our wiki.
wiki.embeddedarm.com/wiki/TS-7970#Debian_Jessie_Cross_Compiling

Best regards,
Mark
<<<
I would like to get the forum take on this choice.
thank you and wait for your response
-ajith
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Dec 2017 08:49 by cnclanka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2017 16:14 #102781 by AndrewHsasku
Replied by AndrewHsasku on topic SIngle Board Computer
TS-7970 is rather expensive solution. Not sure if its perfect for industrial case. I wouldn't use it.
In terms of single board computers I know about a few problems with Raspberry PI, Banana PI and beaglebone. So computer solution could matter.
I don't understand "realtime patches like RTAI / realtime preemption". On Raspberry PI EtherCatDriver works.

More
09 Dec 2017 04:38 #102810 by cnclanka
Replied by cnclanka on topic SIngle Board Computer
HI!

I am looking at

www.minidis.eu/ebox

This
www.mouser.com/new/Intel/intel-nuc7-kit-optane-memory/

the latter seems expensive but looks wholesome and its Intel X86 right?

More
09 Dec 2017 07:11 #102812 by InMyDarkestHour
I'm pretty sure Rod runs a nuc and he's happy with it. The only issue I've heard with them is they run with best stability with RAM from the qualified list by the board manufacturer.

When you say Beaglebone, Andrew, are you talking about the Black ? What issues do you know about about it, apart from the slow graphics ?

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds